Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now in stock!

The new JL Stealth Box for the smart car along with a line of speakers and amplifiers for the smart car.

Visit out site and type in "JL" in the keyword search for a list of products.

Thank you.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Yeah...but then you need an amp...and you are putting over $900 into a car without an alarm system. Looks great..probably sounds awesome...but way over my budget!

Nice product though

You need to make something POWERED, and show us EXACTLY how to hook it into the factory hiline radio...for us po folks....I would be willing to spend $300 for a solution like that....but I realize that sometimes you cant get THERE from HERE. Hhehehe

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
and you are putting over $900 into a car without an alarm system.
That's one of the great points of this system, it hides under the dash. Thieves can't just look in the window and see a big sub. If I were putting a sub in back, I'd definitely put some thought into security. Under the dash or a seat, not concerned at all.

·
Banned
337 Posts
So who has a nice woofer that will fit nicely like this one that is POWERED? I need that..don't want separate amp if possible.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sound Ordnance B-8PT... look it up on Crutchfield. $200 IIRC, should fit nicely under the passenger seat, and it's a sealed enclosure so it may actually have some sound quality. It's by far the best looking budget sub option I've found.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Sound Ordnance B-8PT... look it up on Crutchfield. $200 IIRC, should fit nicely under the passenger seat, and it's a sealed enclosure so it may actually have some sound quality. It's by far the best looking budget sub option I've found.
That looks pretty good...should be easy to get power to the battery (so close) but where do I pull levels from? Head Unit? Somewhere else?

Ready to pull the trigger...need this last piece of advice!

Thanks all

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Factory HU wiring on Evilution.

There's no low-level output on factory HUs, so I'd just tap into the main speaker lines going from the HU to the door speakers. It looks like the sub comes with everything needed to get it up and running.

One big thing I'd do with this is to use the full +10 dB bass boost on the sub and cut the bass control on the HU back to get what you want - that way you'll have less purposefully distorted bass going through the door speakers competing with the good stuff coming from the sub.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Factory HU wiring on Evilution.

There's no low-level output on factory HUs, so I'd just tap into the main speaker lines going from the HU to the door speakers. It looks like the sub comes with everything needed to get it up and running.

One big thing I'd do with this is to use the full +10 dB bass boost on the sub and cut the bass control on the HU back to get what you want - that way you'll have less purposefully distorted bass going through the door speakers competing with the good stuff coming from the sub.
Thanks..I ordered it and paid the $49 to have it shipped FRIDAY

·
Banned
131 Posts
I will say one thing about bandpasses- a 500 dollar one will sound just like a 100 dollar one.
Only box I've ever heard that had standing waves in an open Jeep Wrangler. The box seemed like it was at war with the 2 Punch 10 speakers in it. If they ain't big, they suck- way to peaky at some frequencies, absolutely hideous at others and somewhere in between, there isn't any bass at all.

The JL Audio Stealthbox in my Cabrio is what I would expect of a quality piece, and for the amount of craftsmanship, attention to detail, US made and legendary JL Audio performance. It's worth it's price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts