Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
This is crazy. I used to have a '87 toyota tercel ez. 78hp with a 4 speed. It weighed 1970lbs. I drove on the interstate daily (30 miles each way) and didn't have an issue.
Try comparing the geo metro to the smartcar.
Edmunds probably had the test drive done by a soccer mom that normally drives an escalade with a cellphone stuck in her ear while disciplining the kids in the back seat. No... a SmartCar will not be her vehicle of choice at any speed.:D

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
We currently have a 2005 Smart fortwo Passion Cabrio in Austin, Tx. I have no problems driving on the freeway at all. I drive at 70-75mph and feel just as safe as any other car.

Of course, You must be careful when driving in storms. Had a big wind storm come up unexpectedly and it was tough keeping the little guy centered on the road. That is the only problem I have had so far. :cool:
Depending on the size of the storm, the same could be said for an SUV. Was the wind drift more serious than with other cars you have driven?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.