Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
The part I find humorous is the amount of horsepower and acceleration that Americans demand considering the traffic jams and low speed limits that we "enjoy".

There is no rational need for this level of power so it leads me to believe that it's an emotional need being satisfied. I think most people are so powerless in their daily lives with their jobs, our nanny government etc. that they seem to have a silly need to compensate with high powered cars and SUVs which can never even be used in a way that would actually utilize the power or off road capability.

Personally I would actually be happier with the diesel Smart as slow as that is because the mileage would be well worth it.

All I can say is I hope that these irrational people driving their 300 horsepower cars get their emotional needs met as they sure do pay a lot of money (much of it to people who would like to see us beheaded- but then they take care of that problem by putting ribbons on their SUVs) for their childish emotional satisfactions.
Thank you Dr. Freud, . . . . But instead of blaming their unfullfilled lives on not being breast fed and having irrational and unsatisfied egos, could it just possibly be that some people have worked all their lives, became successful and are financially secure with more than adequate disposable income and that they just may like fast cars, world travel, expensive dinners and clothes.

We buy and drive what we like, not what is in and/or trendy, and more importantly I don't give a rip whether you or any one else rides a 10-speed or drives a 600 HP Viper. Are you just a judgmental Greener or just envious of any trappings of success?

We have a stretch Lincoln "L", a customized Vette and our beloved Passion/Da Vinci . . . . Life is good, we have been blessed and I don't to hide it from people who look down their noses at anyone who is different from them. Have a good day Dr. Freud, because it sounds as if you do not have a good life!!;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
So even on this forum dedicated to efficient Smart cars it's ok to melt the polar ice caps via global warming, to send poor American kids to fight and die for oil for our beloved gas guzzlers, and to send trillions of dollars to Arab shieks who support the nice folks who gave us 9/11 as long as we can drive our 300 hp Corvettes?

It is a free country so go for it guys- and remember your patriotic yellow ribbons on your SUVs and Corvettes!
It is a free country, so you are allowed to spew your liberal, commy claptrap as well as I am to espouse how wonderful our country is, and how the majority of our great lives are owed to capitalism.

I would like to see a list of all of your volunteer efforts to save the world, besides getting high and wearing sandals. Yea, I know . . .You could have any car or any house you want, but your idealism makes you flip hamburgers, rent, and drive cheap cars. Yea . . . Heard that before. And just how do you fight terrorism besides on forums or by talking someone to boredom?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Alejake - this thread is over for me- I rather talk Smartcar not politics. I would like to add that I was in the US army and was shot defending my country and really find your right wing insults offensive. I don't think this forum appreciates a political debate so for me it ends. Yes the green revolution is a big part of the Smartcar for many people but I can also see that for some it is just another consumer purchase so for whatever reason we like the Smart at least let's try to be respectful and talk cars here not politics.
Good . . . Just keep in mind that you were the one who threw the first political volley " . . . it's ok to melt the polar ice caps via global warming, to send poor American kids to fight and die for oil for our beloved gas guzzlers, and to send trillions of dollars to Arab shieks who support the nice folks who gave us 9/11 . . . "

It was easy to deduce that you are a greenie liberal, and your comments are equally offensive . . . Getting shot defending your country does not give you license to be a rude know-it-all. And with that . . . . I too am through with this mindless thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.