Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've driven the Punto diesel in Europe as a rental and in all honesty I'd buy it over the Smart for two also (like the reviewer says- 25% better mileage, four seats and a real trunk with better ride and handling- same price) if it was available in the US- BUT IT'S NOT so for a little economical runabout our choices in the land of the free are much more limited.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The part I find humorous is the amount of horsepower and acceleration that Americans demand considering the traffic jams and low speed limits that we "enjoy".

There is no rational need for this level of power so it leads me to believe that it's an emotional need being satisfied. I think most people are so powerless in their daily lives with their jobs, our nanny government etc. that they seem to have a silly need to compensate with high powered cars and SUVs which can never even be used in a way that would actually utilize the power or off road capability.

Personally I would actually be happier with the diesel Smart as slow as that is because the mileage would be well worth it.

All I can say is I hope that these irrational people driving their 300 horsepower cars get their emotional needs met as they sure do pay a lot of money (much of it to people who would like to see us beheaded- but then they take care of that problem by putting ribbons on their SUVs) for their childish emotional satisfactions.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Alejake - this thread is over for me- I rather talk Smartcar not politics. I would like to add that I was in the US army and was shot defending my country and really find your right wing insults offensive. I don't think this forum appreciates a political debate so for me it ends. Yes the green revolution is a big part of the Smartcar for many people but I can also see that for some it is just another consumer purchase so for whatever reason we like the Smart at least let's try to be respectful and talk cars here not politics.

1 - 3 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.