Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
It was originally supposed to open last year in conjunction with MB of KC in their new site. There was a number of delays due to contractors, and a number of other things. MB should open fairly soon with a co-located smart center.
I saw plans for the center in about October of 2007. They wanted a smart tower but there was a zoning problem.

FYI both MB dealers and smart centers are owned by the same company.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks 'dbwill'.....but you know, to me it doesn't make much sense to have TWO smart centers so close together.

do you know if the KS location was just 'moving' to the MO side and it's not really a 2nd smart center? nothing against KC (I love the place), but I believe Indy is larger yet we only have ONE smart center. the next closest one is about 100+ miles away.

seems if they wanted a second one in the State of Kansas, then Wichita or Salina would have been a better choice.

·
Registered
834 Posts
There will be 2 separate centers. One in Missouri and one in Kansas. My understanding, when deliveries first began, was that it would allow a larger allocation to the KC metro area. Since the economy has changed and deliveries have decreased that may be a moot point.

Panda, FWIW KC metro has about 300,000 more people than Indy metro according to one source I checked.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There will be 2 separate centers. One in Missouri and one in Kansas. My understanding, when deliveries first began, was that it would allow a larger allocation to the KC metro area. Since the economy has changed and deliveries have decreased that may be a moot point.

Panda, FWIW KC metro has about 300,000 more people than Indy metro according to one source I checked.

Hummmm, based on some 'guesstimation' on my part ('if' about 1/4 of those 300K were to buy a new car and smart's market share is .01% which I'm sure is HIGH), I would be guessing that you're adding a second dealer to take care of about 75 more customers per year than we have here in Indy.

Yea, THAT makes sense. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Panda just jealous!!!!! We got 2 Smart dealers, he's got one!!!!!!!!! There both less then 10 mile apart for me. Panda just jealous!!!!! Panda just jealous!!!!! See you in the morning.!!!! Leaving for St. Louis right now. Terry not a coming..................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts