Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm a new forum member. On 24 April I picked up my fourth Smart car, a 2013 Smart ED Coupe. It's the green electric drive design package model P77. Been driving it back and forth to work, all around the area for a couple of weeks now and love it.

My previous Smarts were a 2006 cdi, 2008 Cabrio and a 2011 Coupe, all leased - I was waiting for the ED which I bought.

I'll post more info about my experiences with the ED if there is interest.

·
Registered
302 Posts
There most certainly is interest in the EV! If you can make it to the 2013 smart Car National Convention and Car Show, there will be an EV III there that you can tell all of us about. There is a lot of interest in the EV, and you would be most welcome participant, considering you are one of select few who has personal experience with the car. You can register at https://smartcarnatls.com and find out more about what we have going on as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the invite to the Nationals. Don't think I'll make it tho. Would like to but Westminister Co is a bit outside the range of the car. :)

I'll put up some pics of my car once I figure out how.

·
Registered
527 Posts
New member here.

I just bought the 2013 Smart ED customer ordered in Black with Red seats, Brabus rims and clear roof.

Purchased from Midtown Mercedes / Smart in Toronto.

Unfortunately, I am waiting till November due to "high demand".

Looking forward to reading about the adventures of other ED drivers over the next few months as I wait for my new car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For mine I put down my deposit almost two years ago. Mine is the first one delivered in the Barrie area that I know of. But I can understand that demand is high, with the Ontario rebate, the price is very reasonable.

I posted some range related data/experiences in the Smart ED specific forum. So far very happy with the range performance. I'm also finding the Level 1 charger is adequate. I do plan to get a Level 2 charger but in no hurry. My lowest SOC has been 40% so my recharge time has been at most 9 hours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts