Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum. Neat stuff!

I have a 2013 Smart Electric Drive. About 10 months old. Has been a wonderful car to have and to drive. I tell people it is my street legal go-cart!

I was looking for a forum because of a recent steering issue (first problem with car since I purchased). Wondering if any Smart owners suddenly had their steering go really loose and 'squishy'. It is going in for service next week.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum!

Alan

·
Registered
527 Posts
I tell people it is my street legal go-cart!
Right on! Exactly how I describe my 2014 Smart ED.

Wondering if any Smart owners suddenly had their steering go really loose and 'squishy'. It is going in for service next week.
I've not experienced anything of this nature. In fact, this car is close to being one of the "tightest" cars for steering and handling I've owned. (That includes 1996 Z28 w/ performance package and 1991 Chevy Beretta GTZ, both of which were slightly lowered and very tightly sprung performance cars).

Let us know in the electric sub-forum how things go with the dealer...

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,404 Posts
So you are the guy that bought the other Beretta GTZ? Just kidding, I had a 1990 GTZ and I don't think I ever saw another one here in north Florida. I really liked mine, it was sort of a poor man's BMW M3 of the time.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
BRABUS also does make high performance parts for the ED, so for the ultra go-kart feeling and maybe a little extra juice, that could be worth investigating.

·
Registered
527 Posts
So you are the guy that bought the other Beretta GTZ? Just kidding, I had a 1990 GTZ and I don't think I ever saw another one here in north Florida. I really liked mine, it was sort of a poor man's BMW M3 of the time.
My GTZ was the 1991 Red on Red wheels with the QUAD4HO engine with 7800RPM redline. I drove the engine into the ground and had it rebuilt with stronger parts after 150,000km of redlining every shift. It was never the same after the rebuild, so I traded for a 1996 Z28...what a difference 100 more horsepower makes...and yet now I'm driving a Smart ED, how times change!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts