Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2013 Smart Passion coupe that only has one key. I would like to get another programmed and cut in Ohio but am having no luck in finding a locksmith equipped to do the job??
Anyone know of a source for this service locally? :shrug:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the detailed response. I have 2 fobs and key blanks that need programmed and cut so at least that's a start. I called Andy at the Easton/Columbus Ohio Mercedes dealership and he wants $135.00 ea. to program the fobs.

Andy did mention that I must order 2 cut keys from them.....Smart Parts as my key blanks can't be cut from my existing key?? I'm now thinking about sending everything to SOS mentioned in your thread as they can do the entire job. I use this Smart car with my motor home so I can park it until SOS in Oregon returns everything. Has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the original key and will be driving the Smart to the dealership. They just ordered my additional keys and said "They will be here from Dallas by Friday." I will then get a call to schedule the appointment to program the fobs. Thanks for every ones help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts