Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brabus 2013. Transmission is awful, anyways to fix that or I will just need to get used to it? What midrange speaker size can I install on it? the sound really lacks... Actually what is a full comp of speakers I can purchase to install in there, I want to blast music at high volume and want it to be clear as well. The navi touchscreen is terrible, What can I buy that is most recent to swap with? I am thinking about tinting the windows, what is a good brand you can recommend for me to buy? I will try to do it on my own, I am in Iowa in the limit is 70% VLT windshield and sides/driver/pax and any shades for the back windows. Thank you

·
Registered
123 Posts
The auto shifting is typically a tad wonky, feel like you're in a driver's ed car. You can smooth things out significantly if you time things with the gas and paddles like a typical manual.

Some foks report that shifting is smoother using the shifter rather than the paddles. I played with it a tad, but not enough to feel certain there was any discernable difference. As I recall, the shifter takes a different path into the TCU than the paddles do, so there might be something to it, I just got used to it. I downshift, but don't often bother shifting up and put it back in "D" (hold the up paddle in for a few seconds and it'll go back in auto, or push the shifter to the side to put it in "manual" and back).

I have no advice on tint, but if you have the panoramic roof the car will get F%^#*@ hot in the sun.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I’ve got a 2015 Brabus that has dark tint on sides and rear. Sides are actually a bit of a problem, as the dash ends reflect off the door glass and interfere with the mirror views. Something to consider. As for the shifter, put it in manual and use the shifter and the tach. Much improved. I seldom use the paddles, as I always forget them, and unless the wheel is more or less centered, they are awkward to get to as they rotate with the wheel.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I just bought a brabus 2013. Transmission is awful, anyways to fix that or I will just need to get used to it? What midrange speaker size can I install on it? the sound really lacks... Actually what is a full comp of speakers I can purchase to install in there, I want to blast music at high volume and want it to be clear as well. The navi touchscreen is terrible, What can I buy that is most recent to swap with? I am thinking about tinting the windows, what is a good brand you can recommend for me to buy? I will try to do it on my own, I am in Iowa in the limit is 70% VLT windshield and sides/driver/pax and any shades for the back windows. Thank you
Miss Mercedes is a smart car guru, I'm pretty sure she'll give you good advice in everything you want to do to your car. And welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts