Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have older KIWI OBDII scan tool. It is ok...yes it will show data from virtually every sensor in your car...yes, you can read/clear codes....but interface is not intuitive at all...however I have never used Iphone app...so can not speak for that. I bought mine about 2 years ago on amazon for less than $180 with intent to read/clear codes on my 01 Jeep which started having problems running on "alcohol" rich Gas.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I like !! :D

The one thing that stopped me from getting a scangauge was it's 1980's era dot matrix display. 1990 era cell phones have better displays !!

Now, is an full color LCD necessary ? Of course not. But why own a car as sophisticated as a smart and slap an archaic monochrome scangauge display in it ?

I'm not meaning to start a love/hate scangauge argument. I'm just stating what I prefer; and LCD is it !!

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To me its more of an issue with needing Bifocals while driving to see the scanguage. I don't think I would need that for the KIWI MPG.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kiwi wifi and Rev for Ipod Touch

I have both the Kiwi Wifi unit and the Rev program for the Ipod touch. Both work well but you cant get MPG because of the lack of sensors the program needs to convert the info. If I remember correctly it was an air flow sensor that is was needing and wasn't available on the menu of sensors it reads. You can get engine codes and several guages and graphs. I used it for the tachometer function but I haven't used it in a while.

Checking the program and sensor requirements for the Rev program and the Dashcommander program both require a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor input to calculate MPG, (which is not installed on the smart).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts