Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just pulled the plug, ordered 195/55-15 with two stock rear passion rims. hopefully they will come in next week so i can see how they feel with

175/55-15 in the front with 195/55-15 Ecopia EP150 (LRR) on the rear

i hope there will not be any rubbing on the front during turns.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went with four Firestone Affinity Touring 195/55/15 back on 12/4/13. They have been great in all the snow we have received and have not had any rubbing problems.:eek:
My son went with the 175/55/15 Kumho Solus all around but not as good in snow.

·
Registered
249 Posts
just pulled the plug, ordered 195/55-15 with two stock rear passion rims. hopefully they will come in next week so i can see how they feel with

175/55-15 in the front with 195/55-15 Ecopia EP150 (LRR) on the rear

i hope there will not be any rubbing on the front during turns.

looking to do the same but mean while im milking these tires out>:D.
keep us posted on comfort 0:) that's what im looking for.

PS: are you using factory OEM Passion rims?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looking to do the same but mean while im milking these tires out>:D.
keep us posted on comfort 0:) that's what im looking for.

PS: are you using factory OEM Passion rims?
stock rear 12 point rims

i ordered the tires from tire rack and rims from the salvage yard. received the tires very quick but i had to wait on the salvage yard for the new(used) stock rear rim.

right after i made the ordered :type:, I put the 175/55 rear tired on the front and the 145/55 on the rear. the first thing i notice is that the wind affect was reduced but still felt loose and there was no rubbing of any kind in the front.

today i just installed the 195/55 on the rear and set the tire pressure at 35psi on all four. on the way home i did notice that the car does have and increase grip when. i was able to take the onramp at a much great speed :D but not able to feel if there was any wind affect from the short Hwy trip. will update wind affect this weekend.

The ride is firm not harsh like before so it should cut down on the teeth rattling on a bumping road hahahaha.
i would say the ride right now feel like the MINI S with KW shocks :cloud9: so i can not wait for when i have more time to take it on a long Hwy ride.

i would recommend it to anyone who wants a better ride for their Smart:smartje.bl.zl:
but that is my :2cents:
now i have to figure out what to do with the two front tires/rims :confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

on windy days you still have the wind affecting the car but greatly reduced.
i just takes a small correction when hit by strong gust.

the ride is firm not harsh like before making the Smart much more enjoyable to drive.

i think once the front tires need replacing i will try the 195/55 all the way around
but that might be pushing it. not sure if it will rub on sharp turns. i still have a lot of time before that happen.

i highly recommend this tire change

1 - 9 of 9 Posts