Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need two rear tires. I drive a 2008 Smart for two Passion. I may just go to Sears or Costco. Anything I should consider before making the purchase?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Tire Rack would have the OE sizes. I have heard from a few years ago about costco having our tires. I get some of mine online from tirerack, and some from our own forum members.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi, when I was looking for tires, I first tried Sears, you can get them, but they will have to be ordered. and because they are not stocked, the cost is on the high side. You may get lucky with the rear tire size. There are lots of posts on tires here, hours and hours of reading.

Also, you should know about your Tire Pressure Sensors/Stems, you should check the posts on that too.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Don't mix 'em up!

Make certain you have the same brand and the same model on all four corners.

I have had good luck with Tire Rack on both price and service.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Another Tire Rack fan here.

If you are going for better ride and looks, do all four corners with rear tire size. A pair of Used rear wheels can be had cheap on this forum.

Replacement rear tires are reasonably priced and available everywhere as it is a common size. Good luck. A2Jack

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
I just purchased a set of four General Altimax RT43s from Tire Rack :D
I went with the 185/60/15s all the way around!
VERY happy with the choice.
Tire Rack is top notch :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
The last time I needed tires, I checked Sam's and Costco. Neither carries the tires in stock, but I believe they could order them. However, their price was no better (and maybe a little worse) than Tire Rack, so I just bought from Tire Rack and had them shipped to me, then took them to Discount Tire to be mounted.

If you might need winter tires, you could pick up the wheels at Tire Rack and have them mounted and balanced and ready to go, then use your old wheels for winter tires when the time comes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts