Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted to own a Smart for a while but it just never fit my lifestyle. After a few life occurrences, set backs, disappointments, and really hitting my 30’s (turned 30 in August) with a bang of misfortune I opted to get myself a Smart Car when the dealership was unwilling to sell me a Mercedes SL500...I am very pleased with this purchase, however, it has taken some getting used to the different driving things I was used to in a larger sedan. My partner and I needed a second car and he took over the sedan and I got this amazing Red and Silver Smart which somehow perfectly fits my personality. I have done a lot of research on these cars and I am definitely happy that I found such an amazing community of enthusiasts to see different techniques for repair and customization of my Smart!! On my first To-Do list for my Smart is to get the GoPedal Plus from SmartMadness to help ease some of the issues I experience with stop and go traffic (manly caused by my inexperience with driving Smarts). I am also looking at getting different wheels and have looked into converting the lights into LED (idk if this is even possible but I want the brightest possible headlights) and a new head unit for my radio that includes a Bluetooth function as the stock radio included in my Smart is just USB and Aux. if anyone has ideas or suggestions for other customization or the ones listed above, please let me know!! Also, I would definitely love to meet up with other enthusiasts (if meet ups still happen) and I live in the Kansas City, Missouri area and work in the Johnson County Kansas area.

Attachments

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,734 Posts
Welcome to SCoA from Florida!! You will find a lot of smart car enthusiasts on this site and many have done a lot of mods to their cars. I have been modding my 2009 Brabus coupe since I bought it and it is still a work in progress.

Read other member's posts and look through their photo galleries for customizing ideas. Only your imagination and wallet can limit you.

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,084 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am an old gadget freak and Max (my Smart) has endured many upgrades from me. I opted for HID low beams and LED high beams. I put halo's around the headlights. Put axle caps on the rear underneath to add dome light, turn signal and brake LED's. I put 5 LED's on the rocker panels under the doors. I added many LED's inside for cargo area, footwells, ignition switch, above the rear view mirror. Got 2 small subwoofers behind the glove box(lot's of room there). Daystar lift kit, BYB roadster wheels, air horn, android radio, DVD player, oh the list goes on and on. I do like to tinker and try custom things. So many of the panels on the Smart are plastic, you can easily drill a hole and superglue an LED into places in minutes and wire up all kinds of neat things. My dome light lights up all around the car underneath and I put custom homemade vents in the rocker covers and rear valance panel. The thing I am most proud of is I added a fake vent to each front fender and between the vent and the fender I installed electroluminescent tape so it glows. Oh and lastly had to do the devil horns because the wife said Max looked like the devil Ha ha. Ebay has lots of stuff. https://geek.wish.com/ and https://www.wish.com/ as well as Alibaba has Smart stuff. If anything above sounds interesting I would be happy to send pics or offer guidance. Let the fun begin. DCO

·
Registered
729 Posts
Welcome! Make it what you want it to be. Great thing about these cars is that they have their own personality.

My partner refuses to even ride in either of my smarts but supports my obsession (hobby? I have 2 smart cars).

I only did audio on my electric drive (in dash media receiver, new door speakers, a 4-channel amp, and an 8 inch sub under the dash) but the previous owner did HID headlights though. (Sorry, not the best pic)

On my gas smart I’ve done a bit more. It already had the stock Bluetooth navigation radio and surround sound speaker system with subwoofer under the seat.

I wrapped the rear pillars and the spoiler in carbon fiber vinyl

Added brabus front lip spoiler

I also added a sila intake, the stick on vent, and just ordered a sila center exit exhaust and rear valance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

Chrome Accents. Frame rail caps. Small roof spoiler antenna. 17x6 rims with 195/40 17 Yoko S-drive all around (Summer tire set up) Pit Bull grill insert. Cargo Area Cover. Three Gauge dash pod. Rear Glass lift Handle. Carbon Fiber look rear fender flares.
Stick on rocker vent. Rear Round Bumper pegs. Bling Steering wheel logo. Front grill located reflectors (soon to be lighted). Cut in Hood Louvers.

With all that a can of Silicone Spray Lube and 15 minutes of spraying every pivot point and bushing on the chassis and suspension of my SMART, was the most important thing done to the Car. Transformed the harsh ride 100 percent.

After you Lube your chassis have a lot of fun. You may have been forced into the best thing ever:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts