Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
2016 Smart Passion
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, new to the group. Looking at a 453 2016 Smart Fourtwo Passion. (PIC INCLUDED) I dont know much about them butmy wife is interested in it so we will be driving to San Antonio (4 Hours North) to see this car Friday.
wanted to join the forum to read more on it. It has low miles and I will see ifnitncomes home with us.
Happy to be here to learn more about them. I was joking with the wife and designed iton gta...she wants a wing now 馃ぃ

Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
You will both grow to love your smart.
I pre-ordered mine back in 2007 when they first became available in the U.S.
Ran the wheels off it.
On my second one now, a 2016 Passion as well.

Jim

Registered
2016 Smart Passion
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks You all, found it on Carvana with under 32k(?) Miles. Im in Deep South Texas and usually ride motorcycles. So this is for the wife for school/work (she is going for MA) so it does better gas mileage than our challenger 馃槄馃ぃ already heading to San Antonio.

Registered
Exactly like my 2016! Have had mine for 5.5 years now and at about 45k miles. Only one issue the entire time and that was covered by warranty. It鈥檚 the best of the 3 generations of smarts. I modified mine with a power boost module a couple years ago. Really makes the motor come alive, especially for merging into interstate traffic.

Registered
Exactly like my 2016! Have had mine for 5.5 years now and at about 45k miles. Only one issue the entire time and that was covered by warranty. It鈥檚 the best of the 3 generations of smarts. I modified mine with a power boost module a couple years ago. Really makes the motor come alive, especially for merging into interstate traffic.
I have a 2016 Passion as well. Best car I've ever owned. Where did you source the power boost module?

Registered
I have a 2016 Passion as well. Best car I've ever owned. Where did you source the power boost module?
Mine is from CPA Chiptuning. They used to have an office in the U.S. but that has closed. They are located in Germany so that adds a bit of complication. Mine is bottom unit end that gives 20 more ft lbs torque and about 16 more hp. The Renault engine in the Euro smarts puts out 120 hp in Brabus form and without any internal mods over ours so I don鈥檛 have any concerns about pushing the output a bit. Smart Madness, a sponsor here, also offers these but from different manufacturer.

Registered
2016 Smart Passion
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks you all. Made it here safetly...i might of nodded off a bit o.0 im just tired

Registered
Beautiful color! Is that the Brown or Lava Orange? Smart Madness is right next to you in Spicewood. Make sure to get the Blueberry cobbler and brisket at Opie's next door! Welcome to the forum. This is my 3rd 453 and 5th Smart. Just hit 75k and running strong and do my own oil and filters. Again enjoy your new to you Smarty!

Registered
2016 Smart Passion
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What oil and filters do you all recommend? I bought insurance that covers motor/trans and electrical. And I can do the oil and filter myself. Want to swap out the intake for a cold air and K&N

Registered
2009 451 Rally Red, Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40, Wix XP 51356, 185/55R15 tires, 44 psl

Registered
I just had mine in the San Antonio area....SO glad the AC works well....so hot there.
I wouldn't bother with a CAI...the stock air box works well enough.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts