Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
Just bought a used 2016 Smart Fortwo Prime (0.9L turbo, dual-clutch auto and with JBL subwoofer) and
looking forward to driving it more once the weather gets better (hard to go out with 12" inch of snow on the ground).
In the mean time, I am reading up more on this new car of mine.
First question:
I am pretty sure my Smart is type 453
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between W453 and A453 and how can you tell what you have?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! :)

You do have a 453. As far as I can tell, the W453 is the forfour (basically a Renault Twingo and not sold in North America) while the A453 is being used on the Internet to refer to the 453 cabrio. The C453 is the 453 coupe, or the 453 fortwo we got in North America.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hello there,
Just bought a used 2016 Smart Fortwo Prime (0.9L turbo, dual-clutch auto and with JBL subwoofer) and
looking forward to driving it more once the weather gets better (hard to go out with 12" inch of snow on the ground).
In the mean time, I am reading up more on this new car of mine.
First question:
I am pretty sure my Smart is type 453
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between W453 and A453 and how can you tell what you have?

Thanks
Welcome to the family. I've had gr8 sucess in Wisconsin snow with weight in the back. Oversized all season tires also helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for clearing it up for me. I will ignore that letter prefix for now. So far, I am very happy with my Smart.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for clearing it up for me. I will ignore that letter prefix for now. So far, I am very happy with my Smart.
I found this brochure / training document online which answered many of my questions, including the above C453 vs W453 question.
Hope others will find it useful too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts