Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I purchased a 2016 Fortwo to help save on gas. My daily driver was a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 that got 15MPG and this little guy has, while it doesn't have a V8 hemi I have been pleasantly surprised by its performance.

One issue it has is no AC, im hoping its not the compressor but if it is I understand I need to drop the motor sub frame to get to it. To that end I understand im supposed to have the "Record Release Bolts". Well I can find the bolts and measurements for the older models but can't find any information for the 453. Are they the same? If not is there a place that has them, I tried a dealership and got "we only sell tools to our technicians."

·
Registered
84 Posts
First thing to check with the A/C is that it has refrigerant gas, as it can either leak out through the seals if it has not been used for a while, (use it or lose it) or there is a hole in the system and the gas is gone. There are companies that will check that and fill it back up with refrigerant gas, even get rid of smells in the A/C system, and that would be a cheap solution.

If that's not the answer, well its a in depth look at what A/C component has packed in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the form. Have you check if your low on Freon? I check that out first!
I connected a refill can with a gauge to the low pressure side and got 90 psi. I also read that the temp sensors can somtimes fail. I found the one inside the car on the passinger side but can't find the other one. Could someone tell me exactly where it is?

Also does anyone know if the old Record release bolts for the older models will fit a 453?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts