Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2017 smart forTwo ED cabrio
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all. I just joined the forum but have had my 2017 forTwo ED cabrio for about a month. Looking for a solution to read the HV battery state of health. Any tips are appreciated. The dealer was less than helpful but I fell in love with the car. I should have gotten SOH info before purchase but didn't know how to acquire it. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,837 Posts
My son builds test units for these batteries. Here is a link to the 451 unit, but he has also makes units for your 453 battery.

Len

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
133 Posts
Welcome, aside from my panda having the fixed roof (it gets a bit wet in Seattle) our 2017s could be twins. On mine, I hope that the consistent 82 miles estimated range when fully charged (don't need A/C much in Seattle either) and pretty close tracking of charge level to estimated range is an indication of battery health.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got the same car and colour, white/black cabrio :D
Mind you I have infinite range as its gas.

Think the Mercedes dealerships is the worst part of the Smart experience worldwide LOL. Best to avoid them if you can.

White is lovely, but only downfall is that it shows up dead flies on the hood, but you will enjoy the soft top being down.

·
Super Moderator
1,837 Posts
Former Smart dealership in Cary, NC has treated me wonderfully. Mercedes dealerships in Wilmington, NC and Myrtle Beach, SC have also been great.

Len

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome, aside from my panda having the fixed roof (it gets a bit wet in Seattle) our 2017s could be twins. On mine, I hope that the consistent 82 miles estimated range when fully charged (don't need A/C much in Seattle either) and pretty close tracking of charge level to estimated range is an indication of battery health.
I'd much rather be in Seattle! Very impressive at 82 miles of estimated range! So far I've only seen 62.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the same car and colour, white/black cabrio :D
Mind you I have infinite range as its gas.

Think the Mercedes dealerships is the worst part of the Smart experience worldwide LOL. Best to avoid them if you can.

White is lovely, but only downfall is that it shows up dead flies on the hood, but you will enjoy the soft top being down.

I love it! And yes, the bugs have already made their presence known! In terms of the dealership, the local ex-Smart dealer seems to be selling a few pre-owned so that gives me hope they still service them but yes, I am not in the tax bracket to be comfortable in a MB dealership.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very happy to hear of positive feedback on local ex-smart dealers! I hope to receive the same at Mercedes of Buckhead (which seems to be the closest to me).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts