Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Smart Fortwo Pure
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just purchased a 2015 Fortwo Pure and I love it! I took it to a pre-purchase inspection, and it did really well, only a couple light bulbs needed replacement. However, two things are bothering me:
Right when I turned the engine on, there is a horrendous smell, which I think is mildew. Is there a way to get rid of it?
The driver airbag light is on. I checked the history and the car has never been in an accident. I looked around a little and it seems like a recurring problem. Is there an easy solution for it?
Thanks!

·
Registered
561 Posts
The clock spring on my 2013 went bad. Everytime I turned the steering wheel at 85-93deg the horn would honk. I was worried the airbag would grenade if I needed with it. The cabin air filter it super easy fix for the smell. A Fram Fabrese on is good. I made the mistake of leaving a bag of seeds on the floor. When I came back to the reserve center after annual training, the WHOLE ducting of the A\C was chocked full of husk!

·
Registered
2015 Smart Fortwo Pure
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips! I tried spraying lysol in the air intake and the smell went away. One of the airbag connector under the seat was a bit loose... but I read somewhere that the light won't go away until it's cleared with a diagnostic tool 🙄 is that true?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Yep and most parts shop scanners won’t work with it.
You best get someone who has a Mercedes compatible scan tool and get it cleared.
Last thing you would want is to not have the air bags when you need them.
Otherwise enjoy your smart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts