Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

The wife just bought a 2017 Electric Drive Smart ForTwo and we have TONS of questions!

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
7,975 Posts
Welcome to SCoA, nice ED!

This group of seasoned smart owners await your questions…

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!!

First off is there a online guide to simple things like the Instrument panel display? Also the lights and symbols on the charger or charger port on the car? I've read the owners manual already and its still not clear

·
Registered
2017 453 Passion ED/EQ
349 Posts
Smart Car here in the USA still has an official web presence: smartusa.com A bit limited and some pages are outdated. You can d/l different pdfs of user and warranty manuals. I have a 2017 ED/EQ also. I found the 451 d/l on battery facts very helpful even though the 451 is an earlier model: https://www.smartusa.com/resources/downloads/manuals/electric-drive/battery_faq.pdf.
There is no 2017 pdf of the owners manual on the site, but you can d/l the 2018 there too.

You also might gleen some useful info on the german website, using the english version: EQpassion - Everything about the smart ED & EQ

But this site you are on, SCOA, has the most info and help. No other places come close! I've been here for 10 years or so (previously had a 2008 451) but still consider myself one of the new guys.
I usually find the questions I'm asking have already been asked.

And yeah, the manual sucks, but keep a red pen and yellow highlighter handy while you wade through it, it does have useful info, just hard to find the answers you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts