Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 60 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
I agree , nice looker . I do like the Brabus editions across all the years of the Smart . I'm unfortunate in the area of acquiring any of the last versions, but non the less , I went a different direction , Hence the Lorinser edition I own . It's cool knowing that there are limited versions of the Brabus factory modded Smarts , and I'm not knocking it , but I believe I got ya beat on that with the Lorinser :) We all have the pleasure of owning something that the masses just don't get , yet , among the jungle of giant SUV's and rediculous horse powered people haulers , it turns heads every time .
Indeed! I believe Lorinser kit Smart is even more limited in North America than Brabus, maybe you are one of ten maybe even less Lorinser Smart on this continent. I checked out SmartMadness Lorinser demo when I paid my visit. It is a nice looking car, I did't want to spend extra for Lorinser kit on top of extra (brabus package) by that time. Like you mentioned, we are already rare enough to become head-turners on the road. I suggested you to put some clear bra, if you haven't, on the kit to prevent rock chips or scratches and to protect your investment.
Thanks ! I'll check into the clear bra !!! Nice idea .. is this like a front clear wrap ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
is this like a front clear wrap ?
Yeah, Paint Protection Film (PPF) is a thermoplastic urethane film applied to painted surfaces of a new or used car in order to protect the paint from stone chips, bug splatters, and minor abrasions. Common folks just call it clear bra in short. It comes with gloss finish or matte finish and different brands like 3M, SunTek, Xpel, LLumar just to name a few. Depending on your budget and how much paint surface you want to cover, it can cost from hundred bucks to a few thousand.

Since I have a matte finish paint on the car as well as tridion cell and had my other car keyed experience before, I have my whole car wrapped with matte finish clear bra this time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Instead of having multiple threads for different mods, I will use this thread as my build thread from now on.

Custom made carbon fiber steering wheel and dash panels have been installed today along with Brabus paddleshift levers, the Brabus paddleshift levers are longer than stock ones and come with "B" logo on both sides.

Finally get chance to drive my new toy (for now at least)..

Scheduled window tint appointment this Thursday, 10/12/17, and will try to install Berger red seat belts this Saturday, 10/14/17.

I have ordered Brabus sport exhaust with proper diffuser, Brabus version of Smart front logo, Brabus front grill emblem and Brabus rear trunk emblem from Europe, the parts should arrive by the end of this month and will be installed asap >:D>:D>:D

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,454 Posts
Like the wheel......looks almost like F-1. I wonder if those Brabus paddles would fit on a 451? I have the ones from Matt Boesche, but I like the looks of yours. Do you have a photo of the inside of the paddle shifter before you installed them? I could then compare them to the inside of the stock 451 paddle shifter.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Like the wheel......looks almost like F-1. I wonder if those Brabus paddles would fit on a 451? I have the ones from Matt Boesche, but I like the looks of yours. Do you have a photo of the inside of the paddle shifter before you installed them? I could then compare them to the inside of the stock 451 paddle shifter.
Thanks, but the one below is more F-1 like, lol:

I know lots of modern sport cars come with flat bottom steering wheel from the factory, but I want something different for this head-turner fun kart.

For the paddles, I bought from this site:

https://www.smart-stuff.parts/453-fortwo/453-interior/453-interior-equipment/453-brabus-paddleshift-levers

You can see the part image on it. It took about two weeks for shipping and handling, and their customer service was not bad at all, always replied back within 24hrs.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
^^this steering wheel is legit! Did your guy offer any designs like that?
Thanks, I was told that you can choose from:

1. any color of carbon fiber material, either gloss or matte finish

2. any color of nappa leather or alcantara

3. any shapes like round (OEM), flat bottom, squared (like mine), or even weird shaped like the picture above

4. any color of stitching on the leather or if you choose alcantara

5. any color, width of the top center steering wheel mark or you choose not to have it

6. how much carbon fiber surface you wanted on the steering wheel

It's pretty much fully customizable at this point, and the price is depending on your selections above.

·
17,384 Posts
I...I actually like that F1-style wheel. Just gosh they're so expensive! :D I have an offroad project to finish!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I...I actually like that F1-style wheel. Just gosh they're so expensive! :D I have an offroad project to finish!
Yeah.. I over spent a lot on this project tbh. The actual cost of making the wheel is not bad at all, only around $300-$400 bucks depending on the selections. But the shipping.... omfg.. and I was honest to report (but stupid enough to be honest at the same time) the actual value of the parts and ended up paying VAT when entering custom. However, in the end, I think it was still worth it, considering this is the part of the car where you touch and use 100% of the time, maybe I should treat it nicely :)

Off road project doesn't go along with carbon fiber trims imho, maybe some rollcage and lift :)
Also given the fact that our car is "squared" body like g-wagons. Are you planning to present us with a Smart version of 4x42?? @Miss Mercedes

·
17,384 Posts
The off road project is going in the 451, the 453 is staying mostly stock. :)

I'm going for more mini Jeep with my build. It'll actually have greater ground clearance than a Jeep too!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
The off road project is going in the 451, the 453 is staying mostly stock. :)

I'm going for more mini Jeep with my build. It'll actually have greater ground clearance than a Jeep too!
Well if you live in midwest, you definitely need that extra ground clearance to drive off your driveway during winter time. lol

I still remember that when I was little and before my family moved to downtown Chicago, I had to help my dad early in the morning to shovel our driveway before I could go to school.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Window tint was finally put on yesterday. So sick of driving without tint, my whole arm can feel the burn. I wanted to go with 50% in the front windshield and 20% for the rest, put them on but I didn't like the way it look. It didn't match with matte grey tridion cell, too dark for it.
Final specs: DUB IR nano-ceramic film, 70% in the front windshield and 35% for the rest.

Pictures will be provided soon.. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks for the info Oscar,looking forward to seeing pics updates on your fortwo,here is a pic of my latest updates (SO FAR!!)
That red accent is sooooo sinister looking!!! Where did you get your Brabus front logo badge though? I thought that was only for 125s.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Installed LED headlights today, looks so much better!! No more yellow lighting from the top, fog lights will be the next one to replace..

41 - 60 of 156 Posts