Smart Car of America Forum banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Good thing is that Chrome auto-translates the site. However, do you have the steps you took to order the kit? POC, another link, etc.? Also what was the price?
I have their email address, pm me if you need it.

It was $1300 plus shipping

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I hope you all enjoyed labor day long weekend! I received a sport down pipe with 200 cells cat from Nico Racing in Italy. Our factory cat is 800 cells in comparison, so this charm will vastly improve performance and reduce back pressure. Installation coming very soon..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Should be interesting is the exhaust note changes with the free flow cat ?
I would say not much because I still have the cat. Nico Racing does sell a catless downpipe if you wanted and it is also cheaper without the cat.

I came across below youtube video and found this charm, someone in New Jersey had installed this downpipe with EU brabus catback before me. Take a look:

Not sure if the owner is on this forum, if you do, please show up!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Charlie is in love like he wuz 17. That is dog gone beautiful.

Thank you for sharing that, made this portion of my day.
You are very welcome! It has been a while since I hear someone used "dog gone", and it reminded me of good ole military life :wink:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Installed down pipe over the weekend, it was a very straight forward direct bolt on installation. I drove about 80 miles so far with mixed of city and highway conditions. Here are a few of my thoughts:
1. Noticeable turbo spooling noise at takeoff (though 453 turbo is small and tiny)
2. Lighter on its feet, throttle response has been significantly improved
3. Dramatic improvement at lower end power(great for city stop and go traffic)
4. No check engine light
5. Exhaust note change is minimal

exposing factory heat shield and down pipe:

Comparison of factory down pipe and Nico Racing down pipe:

Final look on the car:

Because of the shape difference, factory heat shields can no longer be used anymore, I used some DEI exhaust wrap to solve the issue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looks good a lot more tame than my setup. Keep an eye on the exhaust wrap. They tend to hold moisture during carwashes and rust out the pipes. I ended up making custom heat shield with gold reflective Dei tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Installed ITG air intake kit from Smart Stuff in UK. I placed my order in August, but it took them over a month and half ship it. If anyone else wanted this kit but on a time constraints, please be aware. Also I had horrible customer service experience with them.. they never answered phone calls or replied my emails. But the product speaks for itself and the wait is well worth it! When taking off, I can hear air being sucked through the intake; and when releasing gas pedal, I can hear air being dumped by the blow off valve I previously installed. They are perfect combination!

Unboxing:

Air box close ups (it looks sturdy and well made):

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
KW v2 Coilovers are the next..

Unboxing:

Front Comparison:

Rear Comparison:

Front Installed:

Rear Installed:

So from measurements, my factory suspensions (including 3/8 inches of Brabus lowering springs) were around 25 & 1/8 from the floor front and rear:

After installing these coilovers, I found the new heights all around are around 23 & 7/8. I am still running factory 16" front and 17" rear setup. which translates to about 2 finger width gaps on all 4 corners. Once the coilovers sit-in, I will do a final measurement and report back.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I also bought the aluminum finished Brabus ball shaped gear shift knob to replace my factory square box shaped Brabus shift knob:

Anyone interested in my factory Brabus knob, please let me know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
whoa extremely nice smart :) i love the mods !!!

from what i see in the US you guys don't have the Brabus just the package ... but not the engine nor suspension and so on ?
the max you guys have is the 66KW 90HP ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
US Brabus:

Yes, you are correct. We only got part of the package, without Brabus badging. Sadly, ICE engined smart cars are no longer available in the US.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts