Smart Car of America Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
whoa extremely nice smart :) i love the mods !!!

from what i see in the US you guys don't have the Brabus just the package ... but not the engine nor suspension and so on ?
the max you guys have is the 66KW 90HP ?
Thanks for liking it!

Yeah, we dont have any performance upgrades in US sadly, just cosmetic upgrades. Ours is call Brabus sport package, not a true European Brabus, and we only have 89HP like normal 09L turbo models.

That is why I am trying to modify the crap out of it and make it standout hahaha

·
Registered
15 Posts
Love your ride man, great work!!

Mind sharing where you pick up the front and rear rounded Brabus badges?

Also how are you finding the KW V2s so far? I'm debating whether to go with that or the Bilstein B14, looking for something more streetable yet further reduce the pitch and bodyroll from the factory Brabus suspension.

Happy 10th Anniversary everyone!

I have been busy lately, but I haven't forgotten about upgrading my toy, here are some latest upgrades I have done for my car:

Brabus front and back logos and badges:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Also how are you finding the KW V2s so far? I'm debating whether to go with that or the Bilstein B14, looking for something more streetable yet further reduce the pitch and bodyroll from the factory Brabus suspension.
KW all the way! I was in the same boat with you before getting my KW coils. Big shutout to Marcos, a local 453 owner who allowed me to drive his car and give it a try. After my test drove, i was sold by KW completely. Its built quality and ride performance nothing can beat it. If you have the money, go with KW..

FYI, right now, I know 4 companies are making coils for our 453: D2, BC, KW, and Bilstein. KW is the most expensive one, but again you get what you pay for right?

I am not talking trash about Brabus, but brabus really didnt try hard on 453 this time, i am really disappointed.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I recently received a custom made and one of dry carbon fiber hood and installed it along with Xpel paint protection film on it...

I chose gloss finish so I can have a contrast look with my matte finish body panel, and let it stand out even further.
I wish those vents are functional, but no they are not, they are for show only. I am still driving a box on the road at the end of day, so I don't think it would improve any aerodynamic even if they were.

Some may think this is a ricey mod, but haters gonna hate, and lovers will always love..

this is just one of a few exciting upgrades coming along the way before the end of this year, so stay tuned and cheers!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Great looking Carbonfiber eyecandy . I’m so glad to also have the 453 , I truly think the Smart Brand made a mistake in marketing here .

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
I recently received a custom made and one of dry carbon fiber hood and installed it along with Xpel paint protection film on it...

I chose gloss finish so I can have a contrast look with my matte finish body panel, and let it stand out even further.
I wish those vents are functional, but no they are not, they are for show only. I am still driving a box on the road at the end of day, so I don't think it would improve any aerodynamic even if they were.

Some may think this is a ricey mod, but haters gonna hate, and lovers will always love..

this is just one of a few exciting upgrades coming along the way before the end of this year, so stay tuned and cheers!

SSSsssiiiiiiiiiiccccckk!!!

You're on fire with these mods!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
So the carbon fiber hood was the beginning of my second carbon fiber transformation on my car. I want to send a huge shutout to @Buckket for helping me out on this project, lots of custom work and I couldn't accomplish this with his help! If you are in Bay area and need any mechanic work done on your car, hit him up!!!

Exterior part:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
I also saw Weathertech finally released 453 floor mats, so i grabbed it right away, great winter protection!

·
Registered
8 Posts
90 easy with a 2018 Smart ED. It is quite an experience. I can never go back to gas, ever.

With a new upgraded Clipper Creek charger, the 2018 with either new software or hardware, an emergency battery to full charge in 2 hours and twenty minutes really erases any miles per change fears I had.
hi, I would love to hear more about this in another Thread...……….I lived in a big city and the Range is not enough for me to make a round trip without charging. Thanks

141 - 156 of 156 Posts