Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

We just finished production on our new Under the Dash speaker box for the Smart. They are now in stock and we will post them on our site in the next couple of days. The box is high quality and is designed to fit well under the dash and work with an 8" sub.

If you are planning to attend the LA Auto show we have it on display. The box will sell for $129.99 and we are offering them as a promo until the end of December for $109.99 (just to spread the word).

We will post more info in the next couple of days...

Thank you

·
Vendor
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the delay....

We've been swamped after SEMA and the LA Auto Show and are trying out best to catch up.

Here are the pics of the new box:

Thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
What is the cost?

Thank you for the picturfes. I have been checking the site but there is no mention, nor price of this item yet.

·
Registered
177 Posts
see above[/QUOTE said:
Man, I feel foolish! I complain when other people reply without carefully reading the post, then I did it!
Very nice looking product and I hope Santa will deliver one for me.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a few questions.

How does the housing attach to the car?
What size is the hole for the sub (H X W X D)?
Did you have a specific sub in mind when you designed this housing?

I'm interested in this if it fits in with my plans.

·
Vendor
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a few questions.

How does the housing attach to the car?
What size is the hole for the sub (H X W X D)?
Did you have a specific sub in mind when you designed this housing?

I'm interested in this if it fits in with my plans.
We have not had a chance to get it up on the site yet. We have about 10-20 new items that we will be adding this week and are also trying to catch up on all our projects. Your best bet is to call us direct between 10-6 pacific time and order directly.

The size of the box is:
B 1/2 x 10 x 10

It is designed to fit an 8" sub.

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think the cuFt is about .25

there are alot of angles to cut off of the dimensions listed above.

I thought it was too punchy, too much mid bass for my tastes - but I was using a cheap sub (spark-o-matic leftover from my chevette) that I found in the back of my garage. Also, the amp had no crossover adjustments.... so I am looking fo a sub to meet the cuFt and an amp to match at this point.

the box has been removed for now, but I plan on using it when I get components I like. Its a nicely built box and a snug fit. Does not intefere with any foot room for the passenger.

·
Vendor
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think the cuFt is about .25

there are alot of angles to cut off of the dimensions listed above.

I thought it was too punchy, too much mid bass for my tastes - but I was using a cheap sub (spark-o-matic leftover from my chevette) that I found in the back of my garage. Also, the amp had no crossover adjustments.... so I am looking fo a sub to meet the cuFt and an amp to match at this point.

the box has been removed for now, but I plan on using it when I get components I like. Its a nicely built box and a snug fit. Does not intefere with any foot room for the passenger.
It will sound much, much better once you replace the 10-20 year old Spark-o-matic! :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
It will sound much, much better once you replace the 10-20 year old Spark-o-matic! :)

LOL :p I'm sure of that.

I thought I have a blue Kenwood 8" still in its package, but it turned out to be a 10". The 17 year old Spark-o sub still sounds descent in its tube - but the tube is much much bigger than the under-dash box. I really didn't expect all that much from it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am going to revive this thread from the dead. It has been awhile since this product was introduced by Smartmadness, I am interested to get some feedback on how you like the setup.
I wonder how this compares to the JL Audio Stealth Box if you install a JL woofer on this box.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts