Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

my name is Rob, I live near Sydney NSW, Australia. I have a Smart 452 Roadster (not sure if that's a model that was ever sold in USA?). Mine is 2003 vintage (they were only made for three years), and I've owned it for 6 years now. Don't do a lot of mileage in it - it's strictly a "high days & holidays" machine. To date it's covered 130,000 kM (81,000 miles) - it's standard spec.

I have other vehicles apart from the Smart - an '89 Peugeot 505 Station Wagon (everyday car), a '69 Peugeot 404 Sedan, a '53 Citroen Traction Avant (under restoration), & a '53 Bristol 401 (also under restoration).

Regards,

Rob

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
I love those roadsters! wish they were available here in the US but they seem to not let them be imported without a bunch of changes which can get expensive! Welcome to the asylum!

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
Welcome aboard Rob. You are correct that we didn't get amy roadsters, but the picture I have seen of them have been awesome. We only have 451 and the new 453 here. There are a few 450's that were imported, but the 451 is still the top title holder here in the United States at least for the time being. Maybe you could post some pictures of your Roadster, we would certainly like to see it...Cop you later. DCO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jimvw, jwight and DCO,

I keep up with your Canadian fellow as he is also a frequent contributor to the "Aussiefrogs" forum to which I make the odd contribution.

I'm attaching couple of pics of the Roadster - one from a trip when we were forced onto a diversion due to flash floods and a washed out bridge on the main road, about 10 miles of dirt road - not the ideal car which you'd choose to tackle that but it coped at a slow pace with the traction control turned off. The other is when it was pressed into duty as (possibly) the World's smallest wedding Limo!

Happy Smarting,

Rob

Attachments

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
Hello BaldRick. Thank you for posting the pictures of your roadster. It sure is a beautiful vehicle. I love the color. I believe your's is the fisrt orange one I've seen. I'm sure that they handle really well due to the low stance. I sure wish we could have gotten them here on the states, but at any rate I'm very happy with my little Fortwo. We look forward to hearing more from you on the forum. Take care. DCO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts