Smart Car of America Forum banner

Newbie from Nebraska

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  jkjahobbs 
#1 ·
My wife & I have been talking about buying a Smart Fortwo for a couple years but never came upon a nice reasonably priced low mileage used one. We happened upon a Rally Red 2009 one owner at a Toyota dealership & checked it out. After doing the dance & coming down in price we brought it home. I didn't know how big these things are inside! We have an 82 Corvette Collector Edition & this little Smart Fortwo has lots more space. I have been a mechanic for almost 35 years & have repaired almost any brand but never touched a Smart. I have a couple minor things to do like putting a front license bracket on & repairing the sunshade but otherwise it is perfect. I'm looking forward to summer & finding a group of owners to do a cruise somewhere.

#7 ·
Established Nebraska Smart Car Group

Hello! Our group tries to get together once a month for fun and fellowship.
Members are from Lincoln, Omaha and surrounding areas. Our next gathering is Sat., Mar. 29; 12:30 p.m. for lunch at the Brownville Lyceum Café & Books
228 Main Street; Brownville, NE.

We'd love to have you join us!
Marcy

#10 ·
SMART CAR GATHERING -- Sunday, April 27, 2014

Noon - Lunch at Tico’s Restaurant; 317 S 17th St.; Lincoln, NE

Those coming from Omaha on I80, take the 401/9th Street Downtown exit.
Travel approx. 4 miles into the city and turn left (East) on O Street.
Turn right (South) on S. 16th St.
Turn left (East) on K St. and stay in left lane.
Turn left (North) on S. 17th St.

Tico’s faces S. 17th St. There is a small parking lot on the South side and a larger parking lot on the North side of the building.

After lunch we’ll caravan to the Nebraska State Capitol for a guided tour or just walk around on your own. You won’t want to miss a visit the observation deck on 14th floor where you can see miles in all directions. I found this 11-second U-tube video shot from the observation deck (looking to the South) to give you an idea of what it’s like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGe6w78Pr5k

I will need to make reservations at Tico’s so please post a reply (by noon Fri., April 25) how many in your group will join us for lunch.

Hoping to see you soon!
Marcy

#12 ·
I missed this thread as well, I've been a bit out of pocket here on SCOA since we moved to Lincoln.

:welcome: to the forum, aka The Asylum, where we are all a bit crazy about our smarts and some of us are just crazy. Watch out for padded cell #1 , he's the craziest of us all.

I hope you can make it to one of the Lincoln smart gatherings. They are great bunch of people. Marcy is great at planning each months meets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.