Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved from near Calgary, Alberta where the winters are very cold, dry and snowless alot of the time, to the Slocan Valley, British Columbia where winters are relatively mild (average -1 celsius) and there's lots of heavy, wet snow.

Living rurally on a gravel road, I was thankful that they are plowing my road about twice a week. I've had to dig myself out of my sloped driveway a few times though since the beginning of December. If the snow gets much deeper I might have to park at the base of my road near the highway - a little fearful of vandalism.

Got new winter tires but too bad the Smart can't fit chains! Wish me luck in the deep snow! I don't want to have to trade my Smart car for a 4-wheel drive:(

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Ah the Kootenays….I spent many days driving from Rossland to Nakusp and north, back when the Slocan Bluffs section was one lane only (the only one lane provincial highway at the time) - they ruined that distinction in about 1995…

Also, Slocan City, Silverton, New Denver, Sandon, Kaslo, Ainsworth, and so on, good memories.

Is yours a diesel or a gas version?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One lane - amazing! I can't imagine it.

Mine is gas. Never had any problem starting in the cold in Calgary - got a heating pad connected to the oil pan - plug in when it gets to -25.

I just watched some videos about Autosocks and I might just order me some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts