Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fulfilling my obligation to make an initial post in the new members area. Looking forward to learning about the Smartcar with plans to buy in about six months...when my 15.5 year old daughter takes over my current car. :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
I think your daughter should get the smart car... its the perfect first car... for kids :D

It was my first car as i didnt want to have a basic brand name car nor a 4 door since i have no use for 4 seats (really dont even need 2 seats :pimp: ) and i just wanted something different.

...and it was the 3rd but most attainable car as a starter other than the BMW 328i and Audi A5 i had in mind... :2cents:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up an 08 Passion a few months ago and love it as my daily commuter. Most of my coworkers give me crap about how small/slow it is but who cares. I think it has better acceleration than my old 2000 F150 5.4 V8 and I get about 3 times the MPG as the truck. If they wanna race I break out my weekend car. 2010 Shelby GT500. When the Shelby is paid off I might trade in the Smart for the electric version.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
The key to smart car enjoyment is appreciating its engineering. Some people are perfectly happy with a 3 cylinder engine because they want gas mileage and a less heavy vehicle.

When I'm driving in mine and people approach me at gas stations with their ignorant nonsense about how I can't drive on the freeway, or around big trucks, or through winds, they get ignored. I've driven these things long distance more times than I can keep count... they do great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts