Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all!
I am from Lima, OH and have a 2006 canadian CDi. I tried to install the Smart Maddness cruise control in the car but had issues. The throttle doesn't respond anymore. I have had it at two mechanics. The first one took 4 weeks and changed three sensors before they told me the computer was bad, ($3,000 fix)! And now the second mechanic has had it for over 5 weeks and is now not answering the phone. My question is...

Has anyone ever had this problem with the throttle not responding?

I assume the incompetence that I have encountered with the mechanics is nothing new!

Thanks for the help!

Thom

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,076 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :) I've moved your thread to the first generation smart (450) subforum for better exposure with other 450 owners who may be able to help. You've got yourself a very rare smart since the 450 was never officially sold in the US and the cdi variant makes it even more unique. A garden variety mechanic without access to repair manuals/tech docs and appropriate MB diagnostics for that generation car would have it rough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for helping me out with this. I have no idea what to do here or how to get to the correct spot. You are correct about my car. It's one in around 100 in the states. It's even hard to get tires for. I believe both mechanics had the diagnostic equipment and said they were skilled in working on the 450 cdi. Is incompetence everywhere these days?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts