Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the links!

Looks like some helpful info here. I picked up a blue w/silver Passion on Dec 29, 09 and had a ski rack added. I've got 1200 miles on it in 3 weeks and it's going great. I drive 50 miles one way to work so I'm enjoying spending less on gas.
I've driven several snowy days and taken it skiing with no problems.
I look forward to a lot more miles, can't wait to try the A/C.

·
Registered
24 Posts
New on the Forum.

Hello everyone, My first post here on the SCoA forum. We have a 2008 Passion Coupe, Blue with Silver Tridion. 24,000 miles in 1.5 years.
Still very happy with the car. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Everybody,
FunnyEddie here, White and Black with my logo on the side. Crazy. I love it! 36,000 miles and I am looking to buy tires now. where is the best place to go? I received a quote from the dealership for $175.00 per tire plus $25.00 for each tire to be mounted. Thanks for any help.
Eddie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great information in the first post of this thread. My first post on this form, I've owned a Cabriolet since Sept. 2008, Red with black cell, black interior. Trailered it to Branson last year and had a blast in the twisty hills. My first love is my classic 1969 Mini, also have a few other Minis in the collection and vintage race a 1962 Mini Cooper S. The smart doesn't quite have the get up and go the Mini has, but it is still fun to drive. Another club racer directed me to this site so hopefully I can learn lots about our little cars in these threads. I am located in OKC, my dealer is in Tulsa. Smart updated my computer for better shifting points reducing the lag between shifts from the original program. Looking forward to better driving weather. So far no issues with my smart with very low miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello from Northern California. I have 5,700 miles and now I've decided to start running it harder. I've babied it long enough! It is actually a kick to drive. Shifting close to 5,000 RPM and the thing is screaming. I'm going to add some goodies soon. Anyone know about the intake modification and the dual muffler? I don't want the thing to be loud. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
New brabus

Hi everyone! I bought a new silver brabus yesterday, 4.17.10. I drove all around today with the top down and the heater on. It's still a little cold. Just want to see what's up with this cute little car.

·
5,297 Posts
Add to newbie welcome list:
links on the main forum page:
Chapters & Regions: find your area, explore some of the surrounding ones, too; if planning a road trip, see if anything is going on in that area
Marketplace: vendors and education
Life Beyond Smart : there is a life beyond your smart (at least for some of us), lots of news and chatter
Today's Posts: often a first stop to see what has happened since you last last logged on (primarily for that day): hot topics, news, chatter....beyond the "Recent Threads"

Recent Threads: most recent activity: quick review of the recent activity

·
5,297 Posts
Just got my first SMART -- sure won't be my last! I'm lovin' her!:eek:
Welcome! come join us for Nationals and the Dragon events.

I think the Mid Atlantic group is planning something around the Poconos or somewhere for a road trip. check out their ideas in Chapters and Regions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We bought a 09 Brabus coupe in April 09. We put 10,000 miles on it and traded it in on a 2010 Passion today. It rides alot better because of more sidewall profile. I couldn't put a hitch on the rear of the Brabus to mount a spare while I tow it behind of the motorhome. The passion is a better fit for me. Does anyone know where I can get a 2 inch receiver hitch for the rear of the Smart? I don't want the 1 1/4 inch one from e-hitch. The two inch will work better with accessoies like bike racks etc. Also I would like to get a spare tire folding mount that can go into the hitch. I've seen some good prototypes in the forum. Are any available yet? Thanks for your help. We love the Smart car and the community that own them. We bought ours from Smart Center Seattle. They made us feel like we were family.

21 - 40 of 118 Posts