Smart Car of America Forum banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Didn't want to rule out the "pro" parts, in case you were willing to invest... The link I posted still has the
View attachment 2381
section that's open to all and that Robert posted. :)
Sorry again, I'll stop posting today, I just keep getting part of the story somehow! I thought you had to log in to get anything from that page, JPaul.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. I wanted to let people know that if you haven't found the included electric air pump the Smart comes with, look for it. It's great. I use it all the time.

Also, I have a Brabus, and I hear all the time about how the Smart doesn't have any get up and go. I don't see that at all with the Brabus. Is it really different from other models? I thought it was mainly just the looks, and that there wasn't a whole lot they could actually do to increase performance. Maybe I'm wrong. It's really quite peppy, and a whole lot of fun to drive. It often feels like I'm driving a sports car.

·
Super Moderator
28,795 Posts
:welcome: to SCoA! :)

Glad you're enjoying the Brabus; exactly the same drive train as the other models but an uprated suspension and larger wheels/tires contribute to the perceived performance increase. Watch out for potholes - too many tales of bent Brabus wheels due to running those low profile tires. :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought it was pretty much the same except for the looks. I didn't know the suspension and larger wheels/tires could make a difference. There is one diffeence I do know about. It has a tuned exhaust system, which anyone can buy as an add-on to their Smart now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not very savvy on posting or using computer but I enjoy reading these post and the information you guys & gals give. I've wanted a Smart for over a year, got a deal on 2008 Passion in Concord,NC only 13000 mi. All service has been at Smart Dealer in Charlotte,NC. I'm really pleased so far. Just wanted to say thanks to all on this site for your info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Own a 2010 Passion Highstyle

We've owned our 2010 smart since March 2010. Like the car very much; it's the only car in the market that fits in our one-car garage/workshop with 2 big motorcycles during winter snow-storms. It's got a smaller engine than my BMW R1200ST motorcycle, and is shorter than Susan's Suzuki Boulevard C50! It's our first car after 23 years of marriage, having relied on motorcycles and rentaL cars all this time.

Sue & Marc

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
We've owned our 2010 smart since March 2010. Like the car very much; it's the only car in the market that fits in our one-car garage/workshop with 2 big motorcycles during winter snow-storms. It's got a smaller engine than my BMW R1200ST motorcycle, and is shorter than Susan's Suzuki Boulevard C50! It's our first car after 23 years of marriage, having relied on motorcycles and rentaL cars all this time.

Sue & Marc
If I didn't love the U.S. so much, I'd move to my mother's, aunts', uncles', cousins' country just to be with folks like you (I'm a life-long motorcyclist). If the "Restaurant Aux Anciens Canadiens" is still there, I may just do that anyway (if you'll let me in).

Best Regards,

Dan

61 - 80 of 118 Posts