Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received it! Yes the subject line was correct. Glad I'm an insuder as I only received what they had to say a day after they released it to the press. :rolleyes:

Next month they will be announcing the name of their forum. I'm thinking it could the "spdickey community." :)D)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Nothing new to us...but confirmation at least.

Dear smart Enthusiast,

What a way to start the New Year! We are thrilled to announce that the smart fortwo has finally arrived in the United States. The first shipment of cars are here and ready to be delivered to smart dealers. We are also pleased to announce our dealership network which will consist of 74 smart dealerships. By the end of January, 68 of the 74 dealers will be open and operational, subject to licensing and other required approvals. The remaining six smart dealers should be open by June 1st.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our online surveys. We are pleased to announce that we have a great amount of interest in smart merchandise and you will soon be able to purchase this merchandise at your dealership and through our e-store. We also had a large number of votes for the naming of our enthusiast site. We are sorting through the most popular names nominated and will let you know the winner shortly. More information about the new enthusiast site will be available in next month’s newsletter.

As always, for the latest information about smart please visit our website at www.smartusa.com. We appreciate your commitment and enthusiasm to the smart brand and we are excited to begin changing the landscape of the highways of America.

Best regards,

Dave Schembri
President, smart USA

AND THE DEALER LIST INFO:
smart USA is pleased to announce its dealership network of 74 smart dealerships across the United States. smart USA dealerships will be branded as “smart center” with the city name (for example – the dealership in Beverly Hills, California will be called - smart center Beverly Hills). Each smart center will have a distinctive smart look, various display and demonstration cars, and a tridion safety cell. For the true smart enthusiasts, vehicle accessories and personal merchandise will also be available for purchase.

A list of our dealerships, along with contact information, can be found on our website at www.smartusa.com. This list will be updated as dealerships open across the country. Please contact the dealership nearest you for additional information, including exact opening dates.

·
Smart A**
1,141 Posts
Plenty of DC Area Dealerships

It looks like MB (or Penske) is expecting great sales in the DC area. Based on Newsletter volume 12 that I got yesterday, I will have 4 Smart Centers within 35 miles of me.(Vienna and Alexandria, VA & Germantown and Annapolis, MD).

Even tough I am in a MD suburb of DC, the two VA locations are closer than the MD locations. It will be interesting to see which one gives me the call.

They also list the Virginia Beach, VA dealer in the DC area, but that is no where near DC.

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Just received it! Yes the subject line was correct. Glad I'm an insuder as I only received what they had to say a day after they released it to the press. :rolleyes:

Next month they will be announcing the name of their forum. I'm thinking it could the "spdickey community." :)D)
I joined early this month and have not recieved newsletters

·
Registered
401 Posts
So, am I to assume that we will not receive another official communication from smartUSA till the end of March when they will announce the new computer program that will supposedly give us more information about our cars? That is what I was lead to believe by the last communication that I received in January. Is the Newsletter process dead? It never was much information but at least it was some.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
For all other Reservation Holders, we are working diligently to provide you with a 90 day window for your anticipated delivery, based on assumptions available at that time. This information should be available by the end of March.
We find out more here than from any newsletter anyway.

SPDY - did you get your confirmation yet? As far as our letter goes we can only expect to receive our cars in the second half of 2008. Depending on our area some of us can expect delivery much sooner. That's all I've got. Initially I had hoped for August or so but sooner is very cool....I can wait as long as my car holds up. hehehe :D Finding something concrete out by the end of March is reasonable in my opinion.

·
Registered
401 Posts
We find out more here than from any newsletter anyway.

SPDY - did you get your confirmation yet? As far as our letter goes we can only expect to receive our cars in the second half of 2008. Depending on our area some of us can expect delivery much sooner. That's all I've got. Initially I had hoped for August or so but sooner is very cool....I can wait as long as my car holds up. hehehe :D Finding something concrete out by the end of March is reasonable in my opinion.
No I have not had the privilege of a confirmation e-mail yet. I'm not in a hurry because of finances but it would be nice to have some information before the end of March. I know I'm asking to much. Why should we start getting information now? :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts