Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
17,349 Posts
That's a meaty steering wheel! (Say it in your worst stereotypical Italian voice)

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
That's a meaty steering wheel! (Say it in your worst stereotypical Italian voice)

Yes, it is. And it is very attractive. Notice that it has a flat bottom, too.

There is a dark cloth across the top of the dashboard, but you can see the outline of the side vents, turbo gauge (?) mounted on the left side, and the outlined shape of the main instrument cluster. The turn signal control retains its rounded tip.

I like the round controls integrated into the left/right sides of the steering wheel.

The inside rearview mirror definitely does look much larger and more rectangular.

Overall, looking more upscale, as promised.

·
17,349 Posts
Indeed! Though I'm mostly drooling over that wheel. You can really get a grip on that baby!!! :D

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Yeah, that wheel looks about as grippy as in my Abarth! That's what makes me think the left side gauge is to show turbo boost.

Is the exterior straight-on frontal shot, notice the exposed integrated tabs to the left and right of the grille. I wonder if these are releases to the "hood," and how the new extra space under the so-called hood will be used.

By the way, I love the geometrical pattern of the grille. Wish it were totally integrated into one single body-colored unit with the front bumper panel, i.e., not a separate grille piece.

Edit: Notice that there is no pano roof on this car. Wonder if it may become optional.

·
17,349 Posts
Good eye! I like those tabs. They look more "butch" than the ones currently being used on the 2013s-.

The door handle certainly looks...interesting...

Eye spy what appears to be a DeDion tube as well. I wonder how the suspension's going to be sorted out.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
In the left-side shot looking downward on the car, you can clearly see what looks like a Mercedes-style NAV screen mounted in the center of the dashboard, angled toward the driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts