Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
There are several national chain hotels in Auburn. All are right off of I-69. My recommendation would be the Hampton Inn, it's the newest Hotel, only been open a couple of years. All are very close together, and near several restaurants.

Checking Hotels.com, it's only $79 a night at that time. Don't try and book during the ACD festival, it's probably triple that!!!
Quality Inn, $61/night (incl tax) with Choice Privileges membership. Room is booked. :)

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Quality Inn, $61/night (incl tax) with Choice Privileges membership. Room is booked. :)

I think you'll like that one. If I remember correctly, that's the old Auburn Inn. Unless they have updated it, it has kind of a 30's vibe to it. Neat nostalgic feel to it.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hello everybody! I just took ownership of my first Smart Car this evening. I hope I can make this event and get to meet all of you. :)

Welcome to the wonderful world of smart ownership!! Get your first three posts in, and send me a PM with your e-mail address. I'm the President of Smarties of Indiana. I will get you on my email list so you can stay informed of any future events.:)

·
Super Moderator
28,442 Posts
As a side note, anybody coming from out-of-town that is spending the night, there are two other Museums in town that are worth seeing. Behind the ACD Museum is the NATMUS museum, and in the complex with the Military Museum is the Ford V8 museum as well. We just don't have time to do it all in one day!!!

Untitled Document

Early Ford V-8 Foundation and Museum ? Auburn, Indiana - Ford Flathead V-8 - 1932 - 1953 Ford Products
Also the Hoosier Air Museum at the DeKalb County airport.

Hoosier Air Museum - Home

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Also the Hoosier Air Museum at the DeKalb County airport.

Hoosier Air Museum - Home

That one I have not yet been to, shame on me, I'm a huge aviation buff. It will have just opened for the season during our event!

Definitely on the "list" for this summer.

Maybe we can do a second event this summer and visit the museums we don't get to on this go around?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
10 cars & 18 people RSVP'd so far!!!

Looks like a good turnout for this one! If you're into cars or military hsitory, you don't want to miss this one.:)

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
OK, I sent out the event email yet again to all the members whose emails bounced yesterday, still no luck. All of them are AOL accounts. Anybody know what's up with AOL?

I hate to leave anybody out, but for all of these members I don't have any other contact info than their email address.

Hopefully the word gets out.:(

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I wanted to bump this to the top again. Two weeks and counting!!!:D I am looking forward to seeing everybody again!!!

I tried to send out another email to Indiana members, and AOL is still bouncing every attempt I make. I don't know what's up with it? Must think I'm spam!!:confused:

·
OTD3 lifetime Member
2,970 Posts
WhitenBlack, try changing your subject line. AOL probably is seeing it as spam. I know from experience that what's typed in the subject line makes a difference.
It could also be seeing how many emails you are sending at once to aol members and blocking it as a result. My hubby says that AOL doesn't like mass "mailing".

Good Luck

·
Registered
523 Posts
I am going to try to make it to this one (been wanting to get to that museum for some time.) I think its about a 1.5 to 2 hour drive for me. I just have to find the best route from southeastern Michigan. But who knows I might have to work.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
WhitenBlack, try changing your subject line. AOL probably is seeing it as spam. I know from experience that what's typed in the subject line makes a difference.
It could also be seeing how many emails you are sending at once to aol members and blocking it as a result. My hubby says that AOL doesn't like mass "mailing".

Good Luck

Well, that didn't work. I tried changing the subject line, and I tried emailing each person individually. No luck. They all bounced.:(

21 - 40 of 61 Posts