Smart Car of America Forum banner

Next Service in … km or Service Due … Days Ago appears.

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  ElementalDragon 
#1 ·
Hello
I have had my Smart EQ, 2018, 30 days short of a month. Now I am getting "Next Service Due In 30 Days" appears.

I have just over 2K miles, there is no service due yet. How do I turn this off, it is really annoying.

Thanks

#2 ·
Try this procedure - this is specifically for the 450/451 gas or electric , but probably works for the 453 EQ too.

1. Turn keyswitch on (not to "start")
2. Double-click the left reset button on the panel - the service reminder will appear
3. Turn keyswitch off
4. Promptly push and hold the button down,
5. promptly turn keyswitch on, and keep the button pressed down until you see the indicator reset.

it might take a few tries...

#7 ·
Yes the door can be open, I did a reset on this with the door open.
But the trick is this... When Yinzer said "Promptly" that is in milli-seconds LOL
You have to be QUICK! I tried it "Fast" 3 times and failed, I Had to do it lightening fast.

1. Turn keyswitch on (not to "start")
2. Double-click the left reset button on the panel - the service reminder will appear
3. Turn keyswitch off
4. Promptly push and hold the button down,
5. promptly turn keyswitch on, and keep the button pressed down until you see the indicator reset.

Steps 2-5 have to be done in less than a second.
On... Take a deep breath... (press-press-off-press hold-on) holding until flash completes.

#9 ·
Hello
I have had my Smart EQ, 2018, 30 days short of a month. Now I am getting "Next Service Due In 30 Days" appears.

I have just over 2K miles, there is no service due yet. How do I turn this off, it is really annoying.
The factory interval is one year OR 10,000 miles. If you wish to stay in warranty, I would not take that short cut. How hard or expensive is changing your own oil. Keep your receipt for the filter and oil. That is all the proof you'll need...
bostonjoe, please don't attempt to change the oil in your MY18 EQ Electric Drive!

Obviously, the Service Minder is being date driven and in this case you can either take it back to the dealer and have them reset or DIY. No real maintenance on ED until the second year with the change of a Desiccant Cartridge. :shrug:

#10 ·
Question..... why are people trying to give him advice on how to clear an upcoming service reminder on his 453 by providing steps on how to do it on a 451? They're not even remotely the same car, with not even remotely the same setup. There are no buttons on the instrument panel on a 453.

@bostonjoe This is the first i'm hearing of a service reminder for how many DAYS remaining.... must be something with the newer ones? *shrug*. But on my 2016 453, To reset the service interval, all i need to do is be on that display in the instrument panel, and then just press and hold the OK button for a long.... LONG time. It'll eventually start flashing, and then it should reset. It may be different for post-2016 models... even moreso for ED's rather than ICE's.

edit: Come to think of it.... I think for the ICE models, there is a rather EARLY recommended service just to do an oil change. For some reason I think it's for like 1,000-2,000 miles? Pretty sure it was the same when i got my 2009 Brabus brand new, too. I guess because of it being a new motor, best to get whatever bits might be lingering around out of the oil rather than letting it go for 10k miles. Maybe it's something leftover from that? Who knows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.