Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my cabriolet close to what I thought might be its limit and was pleasantly surprised. I started out with a full charge and then did a 77.6 mile round trip on mostly a four lane highway with a speed limit of 55 and 60. Most cars were going 65+. I kept my Smart at about 50 mph and rarely hit 55. Got home with a 16% charge and the dash gauge saying the I had 14 miles left. Charged it overnight on a regular 110v outlet in my garage as usual. Gauge said it would take 17 hours, but it was done charging in right around 12 hours. Dash gauge says my range after this charge is 89 miles. This Smart does seem to give me about 5 miles or so more per charge than my other two. Not sure why.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 22,500 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 23,500 miles
2015 EV Coupe 21,500 miles

·
Registered
178 Posts
Windows up/down?
Use the AC at all?

That trip projects out to about 92 miles of range and an efficiency of 191Wh/mi (or 5.2 miles/kWh).
That's quite good (and quite a bit better than what I see in my LEAF)!

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Windows down - no heat- no A/C - basically never use them. Early in its life, I got 90 miles or so on the 2014 coupe. The best I've gotten on the 2015 is about 83, but give me time, I've only had it four months. I take it as a challenge to squeeze miles per charge out. :)

Len

·
Registered
2017 453 ForTwo Coupe ED
170 Posts
My problem is that it is just too fun to drive it like I stole it. Go kart driving style doesn't help range (except smiles per mile). I suppose if I get in a situation where I need the range I would drive differently.

·
Super Moderator
MY08 cabrio MY09 Brabus MY21 Bolt
8,096 Posts
The best I've gotten on the 2015 is about 83, but give me time, I've only had it four months. I take it as a challenge to squeeze miles per charge out. :)
"Sparky" running 4-square is pretty impressive @ 83 miles!

Now if only I could convince you to get him off the sidewalk . . . :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts