Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nice Catch, Shanna!

This is the first time I've seen pictures of actual US spec smarts on US soil (the blue and black cars shown in the the blog).

Looks like the dealer might have some additional pictures to share in the near future. :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Let's hope so. First time I've seen or heard of anyone here in the US getting to test drive the USA spec one as well.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Ha! $3 million for their Smart center...hummmm...Yep, I remember now, We used to VISIT Virginia beach, then drive home to our affordable area in NewPort News

Any one figure how many Smarts they gota sell and service to make $3 million in outlay go away?? Ah, never mind, I keep forgetting they can sell the building and lot any time they please for twice that

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wait a minute, look at the last pic of the interior. Isn't that the metric speedo? I thought those were the US specs. Or maybe those were just stock photos?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Wait a minute, look at the last pic of the interior. Isn't that the metric speedo? I thought those were the US specs. Or maybe those were just stock photos?
There's a mix. The yellow and silver smarts are Euro spec (presumably retirees from the street smart tour), while the black and blue cars are US spec (note the orange side markers built into the headlamp units).

·
smart happens here!
1,830 Posts
yeah, there are so many pictures posted there, most must be stock photos. I guess the one they had was the blue with black interior.

BTW, looks like the SmartCenters may all have the same appearance.
The artist rendition of Louisville's Center looks the same.

I've got a few pics of our center under construction, which I will download and post when I get the chance

·
Banned
3,834 Posts
smart center

BTW, looks like the SmartCenters may all have the same appearance. The artist rendition of Louisville's Center looks the same.
Apparently Louisville and VAB are among the selected stand-alone "smart centers" that PAG/smartUSA mentioned in their pressers, thus the common design. One wonders if there isn't a bit of PAG subsidy in the $3 Mil price tag. Maybe they even own it! Too bad it didn't include a Euro "smart tower," even a short one. The test track is a unique twist though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts