Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since the Nimbus is made for city driving, not highway driving, it has a top speed of 50 miles per hour. Its 9 kWh battery has a range of 93 miles and a charge time of 1.2 hours on a Level 2 charger or 5.4 hours on household power, according to the company.
And you can get A/C and Heat as options.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Product Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here is an old article I found about the nimbus halo from 2021.
Pretty good size price increase from then until now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Looks like a deathtrap on wheels :(

There is another cheap electric car £7,600 (4 wheeler) here in Europe and UK that when tested on a recent TV car show (Fifth gear recharged, season 1, episode 1), it actually went up on two wheels on a sharp bend and nearly turned over at 25 MPH, and its called the Citroen Ami, which to me is cheap but deadly.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

There is another cheap electric car £7,600 (4 wheeler) here in Europe and UK that when tested on a recent TV car show (Fifth gear recharged, season 1, episode 1), it actually went up on two wheels on a sharp bend and nearly turned over at 25 MPH, and its called the Citroen Ami, which to me is cheap but deadly.

Ahhhhhh yes the old "Death Trap" line
The Very Same Words Were Used About The smart when it first showed up and I still have people ask if I'm afraid to drive it in traffic. I tell them it has more air bags than my motorcycles. Same with the Nimbus. It has a air bag.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts

I like this version of it. Car Scoops.

:love:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts