Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Too tall for a smart...
400 hp, weighing in at 88 pounds :D- please raise the floor area behind the seats a bunch, snug up the seat belt and press hard on the GO PEDAL . . .
:burnout:
Talk about a wild ride - doubt any computer could keep such a lightweight "bad boy" with such a short wheelbase headed in a straight line?

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Somebody fund it, I'll build it ??? :wink:
Call up those folks at smartUSA, they have deep pockets! It could be their NHRA funny car . . . :coffee::rofl::rofl2::laughing:

Probably get more funding as a "Bucket List" item from the old smarts retirement home?

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess we also have to remember that this is a race engine and while the performance technology will probably trickle down to regular engines, I don't think this unit would last very long in a production car making that kind of power.

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Change some key engine components, tweak the spark advance and MAP give me a "smart shoehorn" and I'll take the detuned 250 HP version . . .

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
One thing for sure you're going to need a lot of external plumbing and an oil tank for the dry sump pump... Intake & exhaust manifolds,ecu and wiring, a turbo and more plumbing... And last but not least, many greenbacks...
Other than that, I would love to play with one...

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Years back F1 used 1.5 liter turbo motors. In qualifying trim they were making over a thousand horse power. They only lasted as long as the session. Who could possibly mind replacing the engine each trip to the grocery store. Some things look much better on paper than to live with every day. Be careful what you wish for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts