Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
And they're putting it in a ho-hum CUV with the engine tied to a CVT. People who buy it will never know the difference.

They could have done so much better.

(Nissans are on my "do not rent" list on business trips. This isn't going to change that)

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,103 Posts
The typical buyer will appreciate more power and better fuel economy even if they really aren't going to need the extra power.

No, a CVT isn't likely to get high marks for its sporty feel, but I can't knock the fuel economy in my '16 Rogue with the CVT. It turned over 5,000 miles recently and the economy is climbing. Average on the vehicle is 28.6 right now and the last couple tanks were over 30 MPG. For a CUV on the large side with AWD and the A/C running to be hitting over 30 MPG on a tank in interstate travel in WV is pretty amazing to me. The CVT is quiet and smooth, it just feels a little odd compared to a typical slushbox.

For a trip vehicle serving as an interstate cruiser, the Rogue is also very comfortable, and that's pretty much all we do with it. The Leaf is the daily driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts