Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the Smart Car and new to the forum, I'm planning on flat towing behind my motorhome and was wondering if anyone knows of the best place to bring my Smart Car to have a base plate and wiring done??? I can get the parts cheaper on line then at the local RV dealer but I'm not sure they would installe them. What do you think,

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
My recommendation is just get a set of wireless tailights. No cutting into the car (even though you did a little installing the baseplate). As far as a baseplate install - I know most Camping Worlds have done a few installs - while I don't know about your local CW, they most likely have done a few. Sometimes they have sales where you can get the install for half off (or less) with the purchase of a baseplate and towbar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, How would a wireless light system be installed relative to the unit being plastic for the most part. I don't know but don't these units have magnets to hold them on? Is there typically problems with splicing into the wiring etc. on perminate installs.

·
Lifetime Member
11,307 Posts
No splicing. Transmitter attaches to your receiver. Lights attach to your tridion. The car in the picture below has them attached.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts