Smart Car of America Forum banner

NJ / PA Members, Come for a picnic! Mercer County Park, Sept 20. 2PM

7K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  BigWarpGuy 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a composite post of info from a few posts. Plan is for everyone bring something to eat and extra to share! We should have a good time! I will bring disposable grills if anyone wants to grill burgers, hot dogs, veggies, whatever! I'll try to have some extra picnic supplies, condiments, plates, napkins, etc. Maybe someone can contact dealers to see if they have any "give-aways"? (Danny, you there?)

Please post if you plan to attend, how many in your party:

dfwehman (1)
lsmart (2)
gusfraga (1.5)!
bigwarpguy (2)
herbvdh (1)
magnum (2)
Lilsmart (2)

If you have any questions, let me know! Please spread the word if you are on other forums, or have other smart friends. There is a posting on the forum calendar as well. Look forward to meeting you!

=======================================================

West picnic site is the picnic. It is near the lake, there is a playground there, the picnic tables are under a roof. There is a reasonable amount of parking spots. It is a really nice place. There is a marina not far from it. They have row boat and paddle wheel boats. I am not sure if it will be open on the 20th of September. It is at one of the park.

=======================================================

MERCER COUNTY PARK:

From US Route 1
cross Toll Bridge into New Jersey

on US Route 1. Take first right past Quakerbridge

Mall onto Quakerbridge Road. Travel almost 2 1/2

miles and turn left onto Hughes Drive. Proceed on

Hughes Drive for 1/2 mile to entrance of Mercer

County Park on the left.

From NJ Turnpike

take Turnpike South to Exit 8 at

Hightstown. Follow Route 33 West and turn right on

571. Travel on 571 for 2 1/2 miles to Route 535 and

proceed 4 miles to entrance of Mercer County Park

on the right.

MERCER COUNTY PARK NORTHWEST:

From Route 95

take Exit 7B and follow Route 206

North (Lawrenceville) Cold Soil Road and make left.

Keefe Road is approximately 1 1/2 miles on left. Park

entrance is on corner.

See less See more
#5 ·
I've not been to Lake Harmony, but spent many summers in Tannersville with my son / daughter at Mountain Spring Lake.

MapQuest shows the route down through Easton. It takes you on some smaller roads over to Route 31 in NJ. If you're not comfortable with the smaller roads, I'd take I-78, do you have a GPS? You'd go down 31 (past my home) to 295. Shows 2.5 hours. PM if you want more detailed directions. Hope to see you there!

#7 ·
I will be there with my Dad. I hope all goes well. I hope it is a beautiful day. I plan to be there early to see if I can reserve that picnic area. I sent an e-mail to MCP about that day and hour but have not receive anything in response. I hope that is a good thing. :)

#10 ·
Some smarties have suggested starting earlier since they are traveling a distance. I will be there by 2PM so anyone wanting to come earlier is welcome to do so. I cannot change the title of the thread but will ask the moderator to do so! Please PM me if you can come, I'm keeping the top of this thread updated as I hear from people. Spread the word, see you there!

#16 ·
:spots:Good news! Cherry Hill MB is going to provide goodie bags for the event and possibly tee shirts. We may have to use a lottery to dole these gifts out. Also, they would like to send a car but have two cars already committed for other events on Saturday. Nice!

#18 ·
Thanks for contacting the dealer Joan, great job! Looks like the weather will be perfect for our gathering! Anyone planning on attending that is not listed in the first post of this thread, please post your name and number in your party (1 or 2!) or PM me with the same, I'm keeping a list! See you, SOON!

#27 ·
Picnic

Mountainview Clubhouse

More Information
Picnic Permit Application Packet

The Mercer County Park Commission boasts five quality picnic areas for public use April 1st through October 31, seven days a week. Most of the areas contain the following amenities:

• Covered pavilion with picnic tables, as well as benches and tables scattered throughout the grounds.
  • Recreational areas include a softball field, volleyball court, basketball court, and quoit area.
  • Stationary charcoal cooking grills and/or barbecue pit, as well as, a beverage bin, electricity and running water.
  • Permanent rest rooms and trash/recycle containers are available.
  • Each picnic area can accommodate up to 300 people and has approximately 100 parking spaces.
  • "
  • Alcoholic Beverages:
    Alcoholic beverage consumption is limited to moderate amounts of beer and wine during a meal. Beer must be in cans and wine in boxes only. Consumption is restricted to designated picnic areas only. One individual must be responsible for compliance with rules pertaining to the consumption of beer and wine..
The above is on alcoholic beverages.

I am glad there is nothing on their calendar for September 20th. :)

#28 · (Edited)
Thanks for coming! Great day!

Thanks for coming it was great to see so many smarts together. It was great that people just kept showing up, from as far as upstate NJ and Delaware! Special thanks to Joan for bringing us shirts and key chains from Cherry Hill! It was good to see everyones cars, each the same and yet different in its own way! And now that we've met Gus, we have a hotline do David S! I'm sure someone will post some pictures!

For those of you who asked, here is the website that has the chrome lug bolts:

https://www.ezaccessory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=980S

and here is where you can get the replacements for the badge by your sideview mirrors:

shop@smartsticker.de

bemmer818, this is the thread for the ECu mod I was talking about:

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f19/i-ordered-renntechs-ecu-upgrade-us-451s-14038/

He has a website, but until he opens an English version your German better be good! Easier just to e-mail him, his name is Daniel, and he just got married! Tell him Doug says HI!

O&B, I did try the turn signals all the way home, one tap, three blinks, cool! I didn't get the same effect on high beams, maybe that's an advanced course!

Hope to see you all again at another get together!

(P.S. Of course when I arrived home my Area 451 Cruise Control was on the porch, and my personalized licence plates were in the mailbox! I'm sure the Cruise will be no problem to install. If any of you get it, feel free to drop by, I'd be happy to do the install with you!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.