Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out if we have problems with our cars; what are you guthays getting for gas milage here in ABQ? thanks Rick

·
Registered
64 Posts
I get:

40 mpg with a/c on in the afternoon commute, so about half a/c
45 mpg with no air on
almost 50 totally highway, if it's fairly flat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not Even!

We’re getting only about 30mpg on the west side! Gary at the dealership said will get better after breaking it in! thanks for the info!

·
Registered
17 Posts
New to ABQ ...

Last calculation about 34 mpg, split between CA and ABQ, but only about 800 miles driven (car was shipped here when we moved). I'm hoping that it gets better as the car and I adapt to the altitude and terrain.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Gas mileage in abq

i get:

40 mpg with a/c on in the afternoon commute, so about half a/c
45 mpg with no air on
almost 50 totally highway, if it's fairly flat.
i'm getting almost exact same as greatfoxmusic, going down from foothills & climbing back up, with a/c on high all the time.
I have found i like the manual mode & paddles the best, so as not to lug engine at all the stoplights.
If you take off at the stoplight & have a slow moving car in front of you, the auto mode seems to lug the engine, trying to pick up speed & then having to slow down for traffic.
Have only had it on tramway, so don't know about highway mileage.
But----having fun fun fun !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Abq to LV NM

I got my best mileage yet this past weekend on a trip from Abq to Las Vegas, NM, north of Santa Fe. The trip is about 240 miles round trip. On the way there, I estimated I got about 45 mpg but had some in-city miles on my last tank full.

I filled the tank in Las Vegas right before we left and then drove it home. As an experiment, I immediately headed down to the corner gas station and topped off my tank when I arrived back in Rio Rancho. It worked out to 49 mpg. I was thrilled. First of all, the drive to Las Vegas has some major hills, including La Bajada into Santa Fe. Also, my husband and I are large people so our combined weight is well over 450 pounds. Conditions were sunny and a bit breezy. I could feel the wind but the ride was surprising smooth. I was apprehensive about driving up the big hills but the worst that happened was we had to go down to 65 mph at one point when another car cut us off midway up the hill, which screwed up our momentum.

Around town I get more like 31-37 depending on whether I use AC.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
About 1500 miles driven ... 38.5 mpg avg last two fill-ups

My last two fill-ups have averaged 38 and 39 mpg. 75% city / 25% highway (or so). Seems to be getting better! I've been reading some threads that imply that mileage will get even better (3K and 6K). Sounds good to me!

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is my second day and I go from westside to uptown to where my office is, so I will be eager to hit 40 if I can. Better than the 20 my BMW gets.... LOL!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got 45.0 MPG on my second tank of gas. That mostly commuting between Santa Fe and Los Alamos, so lots of hills. Maybe 20% driving in town in Santa Fe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just passed 3000 miles driven ...

and averaged 46.5 mpg on a fill-up yesterday. Seems that the car is getting better gas mileage now than when it was new (May 2008). Not complaining, mind you, but is this possible?

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's been almost a year and I have kept great records of all my fill ups. I have averaged 39.4 mpg since Mar 18, 2008. My best mileage was 54 mpg driving from Ruidoso, over the mountains to Albuquerque, where I used 2.5 gal for the trip. My worst was 33 mpg, which was the time my "check engine light" came on and it turned out to be a stuck emission valve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts