Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Smart ForTwo Passion
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently replaced a dead blower motor with a brand new one and it blows air like crazy but hardly any air comes out of any vents no matter what setting you put it on, are their electrical actuators that operate the air doors or could have an air door have broken or gotten stuck in the air Box?:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
28,924 Posts
Can we assume there was plenty of air blowing from the vents prior to the motor change? :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately when the car was purchased for $400 the blower motor was already not working, and the prior owner claim the car was well maintained by the soon as I saw the engine air cleaner I knew better. So parts were purchased like a blower motor and a secondary air injection pump and a downstream 02 sensor and also in OEM cooling fan. All items installed except for the AC radiator cooling fan we are deciding how to go about that . But when the new blower motor is on I can feel air movement around the under - area and a little tiny bit from vents for the passenger and defogger and floor and sometimes it's warm sometimes it's cold but there is a stuck door or something causing it not to switch directions correctly. I know all about that since I've replaced my air door in my 2000 Sonoma twice already since it broke. I know why sometimes hot and then cold because the actuator for the heater core door or flap is loose and not secured but it is working I watched it in opperation but I don't know how the other doors operate if their vacuum or used by electric actuators. And where exactly they are located. AC does work because you can feel cool air at times coming out but not blowing out of the passenger vent like it should be like something is stuck somewhere. Plus that That radiator cooling fan bracket I think is broken and all that rattling in the front and I hope it doesn't hit the radiator and cause a leak. Personally I would use an after market pusher fan instead of going to the trouble of installing that OEM fan.:oops:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe a little late know but , I am a newbie big time and am happy to have access to so much info about Smart Cars . The one I am working on is a 2009 Smart FORTWO Passion . Me and a buddy just trying to help out a lady with limited funds and we are exploring territory never been before . Any and all advice greatly appreciated ! Also is it possible for the air intake tube to get plugged up with leaves, twigs etc......??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe a little late know but , I am a newbie big time and am happy to have access to so much info about Smart Cars . The one I am working on is a 2009 Smart FORTWO Passion . Me and a buddy just trying to help out a lady with limited funds and we are exploring territory never been before . Any and all advice greatly appreciated ! Also is it possible for the air intake tube to get plugged up with leaves, twigs etc......??
Still at a dead and with that vent issue, I am at the point where I'm ready to just start dismantling the whole Lower Dash and remove the lower ventilation system piece by piece to see how it operates and hopefully find the problem.👨‍🔧👨‍🔧👨‍🔧

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ,I appreciate your input and thats exactly what I'm gonna do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was removed due to be and dirty but never replaced so at the moment there is no cabin air filter.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Open up that air recirculate clam shell , don’t be surprised if it’s filled with sticks, leaves etc , home sweet home for a mouse .. . Have a shop vac on hand .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is the air recirculator the thing that makes the air condition "swallow" and stop blowing so hard for a minute or two? or is that normal behavior for a smart a/c?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts