Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the 09 Fortwo Passion convertible! My wife and I fight over who gets to drive it. But, it never had the aux port installed. Anyone know what getting that done will run me? Should I take it to a MB dealership to get it done, or will any reputable installer be able to do it?

·
Super Moderator
29,027 Posts
Does it have a stock smart radio installed? If so, it should have had the Aux port with it....:shrug:

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
There's a hole in the glove box but no port.
If you have an OEM headunit and there a hole there but no port, more likely than not the prior owner at one point had an aftermarket stereo in there. When the oem head unit was swapped back in, they probably couldn't find the aux cable/port when they reinstalled it. If you have the oem radio and need an aux jack, it is easily obtainable. If I can't find one for you (if I have an extra I'll give it to you for free), I'm sure you can order a replacement for relatively low cost. It won't take more than 20 minutes to install it. Again, as long as you have the OEM headunit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The unit is the standard one, with am/fm and cd. The screen reads "Smart" when I turn it on. Radio reception is generally terrible, but that's probably due to the area where I live.

And THANK YOU for the offer of parts!

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
It is possible you have a problem with the antenna. My first Smart had terrible reception until I broke the antenna off removing the front end to instyall better horns. I had to replace the base and mast. Reception got much better with the new parts. You might want to try a different antenna , they do use a european plug in on the back of the stock radio I believe...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts