Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love small cars. I really don’t care about the driving range of the latest EV’s. I want a vehicle, that looks great fun to drive and makes me happy. I hope FCA imports the the lastest 500E here. Especially in the Abarth trim.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
Looks nice and I hope they do bring it across the pond. The more the merrier!

Personally, I'm gunning for a Model Y, but more options are better for everyone.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
There's only one manufacturer of 300 mile range EVs and I guess it comes down to what everyone thinks is affordable. Have to keep TCO in mind as well. Might be some used ~300 mile EVs at a better price point coming in the near future.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Personally, I won’t buy any EV with less than 150 mile range and very much prefer more than 200. We are rural and, while we are retired, our need is for a good bit more than 100 mile range. A round trip just to our daughters home is 200 miles and if only a day trip wouldn’t leave much recharge time, especially on 120v. My thoughts are an off-lease Bolt in the near future if prices are reasonable. Not going to spend more than $20k on whatever I buy! If that means no EV, so be it.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally, I won’t buy any EV with less than 150 mile range and very much prefer more than 200. We are rural and, while we are retired, our need is for a good bit more than 100 mile range. A round trip just to our daughters home is 200 miles and if only a day trip wouldn’t leave much recharge time, especially on 120v. My thoughts are an off-lease Bolt in the near future if prices are reasonable. Not going to spend more than $20k on whatever I buy! If that means no EV, so be it.
In good conditions, the new 500e, supposedly has a driving range of 190 miles. A additional 30 mile range, with just a 5 minute recharge. When put into its city mode the range, its a lot higher. Mini just introduce the new Mini e. Really poor driving range, for its price. Lowest of the group.

Right now, here in my city. Fuel is, is a buck 85 a gallon. With the stay at home orders. There’s just no place to drive to. To take advantage of those prices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts