Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love small cars. I really don’t care about the driving range of the latest EV’s. I want a vehicle, that looks great fun to drive and makes me happy. I hope FCA imports the the lastest 500E here. Especially in the Abarth trim.

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
Looks nice and I hope they do bring it across the pond. The more the merrier!

Personally, I'm gunning for a Model Y, but more options are better for everyone.

·
Super Moderator
28,833 Posts
The only small EV at this point, but not for North America.... Right now Tesla is the range king, and range is what most potential EV buyers are concerned with. Still waiting for somebody to start selling an affordable 300 mile EV, although I'm running out of time at the rate things are going. :)

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,101 Posts
There's only one manufacturer of 300 mile range EVs and I guess it comes down to what everyone thinks is affordable. Have to keep TCO in mind as well. Might be some used ~300 mile EVs at a better price point coming in the near future.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Personally, I won’t buy any EV with less than 150 mile range and very much prefer more than 200. We are rural and, while we are retired, our need is for a good bit more than 100 mile range. A round trip just to our daughters home is 200 miles and if only a day trip wouldn’t leave much recharge time, especially on 120v. My thoughts are an off-lease Bolt in the near future if prices are reasonable. Not going to spend more than $20k on whatever I buy! If that means no EV, so be it.

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally, I won’t buy any EV with less than 150 mile range and very much prefer more than 200. We are rural and, while we are retired, our need is for a good bit more than 100 mile range. A round trip just to our daughters home is 200 miles and if only a day trip wouldn’t leave much recharge time, especially on 120v. My thoughts are an off-lease Bolt in the near future if prices are reasonable. Not going to spend more than $20k on whatever I buy! If that means no EV, so be it.
In good conditions, the new 500e, supposedly has a driving range of 190 miles. A additional 30 mile range, with just a 5 minute recharge. When put into its city mode the range, its a lot higher. Mini just introduce the new Mini e. Really poor driving range, for its price. Lowest of the group.

Right now, here in my city. Fuel is, is a buck 85 a gallon. With the stay at home orders. There’s just no place to drive to. To take advantage of those prices.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts