Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DDE went away? Delivery was shown as Jun09 to Sep09, now for the last 3 weeks it says cannot be estimated at this time? anyone else have this?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the club! I configured for a Brabus back in Nov 08. In Jan I started getting 90 day DDE's. It changed 4 times and then -- wait for it, wait for it -- BOOM!! Oh No the dreaded "cannot estimate" DDE. Mine has been that way for 7 weeks now. I really don't expect it to come ALIVE with real dates for at least another 3 or 4 weeks. I am sort of expecting a May delivery or so, I shouldn't get anything until the end of March or so.

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
We all had a disappearing DDE at one point. Usually when the car is within weeks of being built. Once its birth certificate is created (the specifics with options, colors, etc...) you should start to have a 90 days window with dates. It'll move around for a while. But you can estimate that your car should be delivered around 30 days of that window. (Maybe even less since you're sort of within walking distance of Dundalk.)
Patience. :wink:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Maybe thats a good thing then, mine disappeared. I like the idea of it disappearing then getting your 90 day window thingy.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
I configured in January and got a notice that my DDE would be from April-June. Then, in late February it changed to Feb-April. :D

Now, it doesn't say anything! :confused:

Luckily, when I called the dealer in Devon, PA, they had an orphan just like what I ordered. Picked it up on the 12th of March. Got a great loan rate from my bank (5.74%). :)

So now, I am wondering if I should post my reservation for anyone in PA that would want it? At no charge of course (except for the $99, of course). :D

I've had it a week and love it. And I gave up a Subaru Outback Sport, which is also fun to drive.

DR

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
... So now, I am wondering if I should post my reservation for anyone in PA that would want it? At no charge of course (except for the $99, of course). :D ...
Congrats on your adoption!
Your reservation is not transferable (it says so on your reservation confirmation). It's easy to get a refund for your $99, simply call or write to smartUSA. It usually doesn't take more than 2-3 weeks.
Many smiling miles.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My DDE disappeared a few days ago. Prior to that it estimated Aug.-Oct.2009. I'm trying to be patient, but may start looking at orphans soon.
Nance

·
Registered
156 Posts
As I had stated in an earlier post, I had expected a 'real' DDE with dates (05/23/2009 to 08/21/2009) to appear within 3 to 4 weeks. True to form --bang-- there it was, 4 weeks later. Instead of expecting a May delivery, I now have to wait for a June (06/23-30/2009) delivery. That works for me. I am just glad to have some real dates. I can now mark my calendar and prepare for our delivery. I will be pre-ordering some after market add-ons. Get it road ready for a little trip in August. Turn some heads and have fun driving again!

·
Registered
243 Posts
after 2 months of no DDE and 2 months after configure. i have a DDE again. it is april-june 09 dealer has been saying 90- 120 days after configure. end of may will be 120 days.

:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
No DDE

Today I'm getting the "cannot estimate" message from DDE.
I reserved on June 11, 2008 and confirmed on Dec. 8, 2008.

In recent weeks I was getting a DDE of March 2009 to May 2009.

Now that I'm getting the "cannot estimate" message" I feel I'm getting
really close to a build date. I'm starting to get excited now. Sweaty palms time. :)

I've ordered a Rally Red exterior with Silver Tridion and Red interior. Optioned the smarty with instrument pods, optional sound system and heated seats. After delivery I may install the new Kenwood DNX9140 system with Garmin built in.

Dave Lomshek

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey Dave, that 2009 red is REAL perdy !!!
I configged first week of March, 2009.
I ordered a white/black passion w/comfort package.
In a month or so, I think I will add my name to the orphan list.
Choice 1 is white/black, choice 2 is white/silver, and choice 3 is red/silver.
As long as I get a black interior w/comfort package, I will pretty much be happy with any of my three choices. Wifey has a blue/silver w/chrome rims. That car sure sparkles at night!!!
I think the red/silver will look sharp, too.

Best,
Nu

1 - 12 of 12 Posts