Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 451 Smartie shows all gears, goes into all gears but after driving bit or 100 meters it goes into limp mode, only revs up, no gears and no movement.
I cleaned and greased the actuator but still same problem... have to switch off engine and wait 10 t0 15 minutes before it will go into gear again, only for all to start over again.
I get codes p0900 and p0805...
Do I need to replace the clutch actuator ?

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Could be as simple as corrupt software. Did you try to clear the codes? Sounds like a trip to a smart service department.

Good Luck.

What the P0900 code means. When the PCM (powertrain control module) detects an open circuit in the clutch actuator control circuit, it will log a P0900 code. The PCM is constantly monitoring the output voltage of the actuator as it engages and disengages the vehicle's clutch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drive my 2010 Smart for about 20km every day then it goes into limp mode, engine revs but no gears, have to switch off engine and wait up to 15 minutes before it will move again, engine light then comes on also the triangular warning light...
gives me codes p060d, p2138, p0000, p2122, I replaced the gas pedal unit but problem still persists, could it be bad solder points in the computer and causes problems as it heats up ?

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Before replacing parts. I would check out, on line. What those codes mean. You have a numbering of them. If your getting a engine check lamp. The car goes into limp mode. There is something serious wrong. I would stop driving it. I would have a qualified technician, take a look at your car.

Good Luck sir.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. Before replacing parts. I would check out, on line. What those codes mean. You have a numbering of them. If your getting a engine check lamp. The car goes into limp mode. There is something serious wrong. I would stop driving it. I would have a qualified technician, take a look at your car.

Good Luck sir.
Thanx, I have made an appointment with a garage to have a scan done next friday hope they can help me, all codes refer to throttle pedal position sensor and as I said, I replaced it...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum. Could be as simple as corrupt software. Did you try to clear the codes? Sounds like a trip to a smart service department.

Good Luck.

What the P0900 code means. When the PCM (powertrain control module) detects an open circuit in the clutch actuator control circuit, it will log a P0900 code. The PCM is constantly monitoring the output voltage of the actuator as it engages and disengages the vehicle's clutch.

I have a Creader 319 OBDII code reader, but it does not delete all the codes, sometimes after stopping for a while the codes dissapear or the triangular warning light stays illuminated but I can drive again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts