Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 2016, I purchased this phone holder click here and mounted it this way: by opening my 'drawer', connecting the phone holder into a loop, and positioning it tightly up against the "crack" before closing the 'drawer'. I place my iPhone horizontally into the holder when I am in the car.

I also purchased an AUKEY Bluetooth Receiver with 3Port USB Car Charger, Magnetic Base and Handsfree Calling for IPhone, Samsung and More (this model no longer available, but a device with the magnetic base is a MUST if you want to be able to open the 'drawer' from time-to-time). The device has its own microphone, so I just issue commands to SIRI - "send a message, read my messages, open Radio.com, navigate to.....", etc. The AUX and USB connections are in the receptacles inside the glove box, and the thin wire is hidden in the crack below the radio. I keep my radio on the AUX setting when I want to stream via the phone, or press the radio button
or mute buttons as needed.

I keep my radio on the AUX setting and it is recognized instantly when I start the car. Is it perfect - I can ask siri to "Navigate to xxx", and she answers through the speakers, bringing the map and directions onto the screen and talking me through the route. I also listen to my music or my favorite radio stations via streaming while navigating.

Since my iPhone has tremendous battery capacity, I seldom have to use a wired connection, but the Aukey came with a 12V dual port adapter charger, in which I keep a cable ready - just in case I need to charge while driving.
This is an EXCELLENT way to have a really smart car, without any need to change the radio.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts