Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Jedi,
You are expending a great deal of your valuable energy on a group of people that don't deserve your attention and are unlikely to give a damn about your feelings or your response to them. Let it go.....spend your energy with those that appreciate you like the many here on SCOA and conserve some of that energy to fight the battles and deal with the challenges of your medical issues.

I too have a chronic health issue and have found it is much better for me to focus on my health and the friends that have stuck by me and to let go of the additional baggage I was dragging around regarding false or fair weather friends. Right or wrong those of us with chronic conditions sometimes make others feel uncomfortable and they often don't know how to deal with us so things sometimes turn negative. I consider that to be their problem and I don't let it become mine.

May peace be with you.

kwagar

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'm stunned. I can't believe that the smart club would treat ANYONE that way. They were wrong, and it is inexcusable.
Wish you were closer to Houston! We'd love to have you!!

·
Dont Feed The Trolls ^Mod
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm stunned. I can't believe that the smart club would treat ANYONE that way. They were wrong, and it is inexcusable.
Wish you were closer to Houston! We'd love to have you!!
I really miss the guys in CenTex too. But its too hot here. Not going south. I got all my steroid rage out day before yesterday but then I have people calling my wife and filling my inbox. Heck, I have a cyber stalker all over my blog. It's been horriable. WWW.butyoudobtlooksick.com is wonderful. I am just tired of being made to feel guilty for what I can no longer do. I'm the paraiah in my own family. I just poured so much of myself into building something people used to enjoy. Oh well...

I'm similar to my meds. Right now, I take a med that would allow me to work to a degree but its hard to get hold of, and many people look down on those who rely on such medicine. I'm just in a very bad place in my recovery from surgery. I just didn't need this stress.

·
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I mean, who would post something in public where a person uses their belief system, whatever that may be, and publicly tell you that "God" is punishing a sick person because they are "unclean"? I don't care what if any belief system you have, that's disgusting.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I could not agree with you more. Sounds a lot like IMHO those nuts who go around to the funerals of kia military and promote that the deaths are a punishment for having gay people around. No logical person agrees. I repeat, I still think of both of you as my friends and have very good memories of my time in dfw thanks to you both.

·
aka 'spice'
115 Posts
Jedi,
You are expending a great deal of your valuable energy on a group of people that don't deserve your attention and are unlikely to give a damn about your feelings or your response to them. Let it go.....spend your energy with those that appreciate you like the many here on SCOA and conserve some of that energy to fight the battles and deal with the challenges of your medical issues.

I too have a chronic health issue and have found it is much better for me to focus on my health and the friends that have stuck by me and to let go of the additional baggage I was dragging around regarding false or fair weather friends. Right or wrong those of us with chronic conditions sometimes make others feel uncomfortable and they often don't know how to deal with us so things sometimes turn negative. I consider that to be their problem and I don't let it become mine.

May peace be with you.

kwagar
Very well put Ken.

Here's a old saying I sometime use..."Don't let the bastards get you down!"

Habit 7 - Sharpen the Saw

MJB

·
aka 'spice'
115 Posts
I mean, who would post something in public where a person uses their belief system, whatever that may be, and publicly tell you that "God" is punishing a sick person because they are "unclean"? I don't care what if any belief system you have, that's disgusting.
What's wrong with the 'Human Race'? The Humans.

MJB

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Bless their tiny, little heart!

Remember Jedi, that reflects on the writer only!!!!! It says volumes about them and has nothing in reality to do with you. Kind of like when some one points at someone, they have three fingers aiming back at them.
This is just another fine example of how superstitious religious beliefs are used to demean someone else in order to feel superior. How uneducated can you get. More pick and choose religion used to beat up on someone else. It's pathetic, but we have to put up with it until it is questioned enough for more people to realize it is bad guidance by bad leadership that still promotes it.
I heard it said by a very wise woman who had left the church: Religion is like a sign post that points the way....too often people latch onto the sign post.

Sometimes you gotta rise above the writhing masses. And Remember, God is not a mean old man. :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Jedi,
Where in Texas are you at?

My Mother is from Thompsons TX, near Sugarland.

I bought my Smart to buzz her around town, she no longer drives.

·
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Jedi,
Where in Texas are you at?

My Mother is from Thompsons TX, near Sugarland.

I bought my Smart to buzz her around town, she no longer drives.
About 8hrs north of you! LOL! Just north of Dallas. Now, they are harassing my wife. Wow... I never thought I would be ESCAPING people when we moved.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts