Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since the site changed I have not been able to use the smilies. Why?
Hard to comprehend how an "upgrade" (with NO BETA TESTING) to a perfectly fine Forum could create such a quagmire with more "features" (like, thanks, mentioned, tagged, quoted) than an automotive blog every needed?

Has anyone figured out which of the two IDENTICAL thumb choices on the AG Free APP gives you "like" vs. "thanks" with no apparent option to correct your errant choice?

Seems that we took a box of highly polished marbles and turned it into a box of rocks?

Oh for something more that just the look of the old "SCoriginal" . . .

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
The smilies may go to Cleveland but not to die. They are pasted on the faces of many of us flat-landers who visit Cleveland expecting a dirty crumbling city but finding a clean lakeside city with nice architecture and fun places to visit. Just a visit to Ralphie's house (from "A Christmas Story," is enough to make me like the city.
Rusted Wrench...I am not criticizing you at all...it was funny...and I only bring it up because this was the third time today that I heard Cleveland as the butt of a joke and I live in St. Louis far from the shores of Lake Erie. If I were from Cleveland I would be seen as defensive but being always from St. Louis I can be objective in liking Cleveland. If you have never been there you should visit Cleveland and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Now back to the humorous smilie jokes so maybe we can get our smilies back. :D
(I typed in a colon and a capital D to make the smilie happen.)

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
No...when I click on a smilie...any smilie...nothing happens. It started with the new site. I can make an occasional smilie by typing in a ; and then a ) or a : and then a D but clicking on a smilie does nothing.
I can see others smilies and mine if I make them.

edit...Interesting that when I clicked on a smilie at the bottom of the page one came up in the heading but not in the text where my cursor was.

·
17,352 Posts
edit...Interesting that when I clicked on a smilie at the bottom of the page one came up in the heading but not in the text where my cursor was.
This site's smilie creator has always been wonky. If I'm not typing it in myself (ie: using the external window of all smilies) but clicking on them, I always click where on the post I want them to go, then click on the smilie.

But there's no "shrug" at all. Ahem: :shrug:

·
Registered
449 Posts
:D:)0:):|:laugh:>:D:crying::(:eek:

Smilies seem to be working fine for me. Be sure you are clicking on the smilies to the right of the text box, and not the ones below it, in the "post icons" box. There are more smilies if you click the "More" link under the smilies on the right, but as noted before, no shrug. It's not hard for an admin to add more smilies :whistle:

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
:D:)0:):|:laugh:>:D:crying::(:eek:

Smilies seem to be working fine for me. Be sure you are clicking on the smilies to the right of the text box, and not the ones below it, in the "post icons" box. There are more smilies if you click the "More" link under the smilies on the right, but as noted before, no shrug. It's not hard for an admin to add more smilies :whistle:
I am happy for you but mine...do not work. I can click "more" and I get the box but the smilie does not show up in the post. I can click the smilies in the box on the right...no smilies.
They work just fine on the SSR site.

·
Administrator
1,142 Posts
I am happy for you but mine...do not work. I can click "more" and I get the box but the smilie does not show up in the post. I can click the smilies in the box on the right...no smilies.
They work just fine on the SSR site.

What browser are you having issues on? Do you have a pop up blocker or any plug in's running on it? This could be what is causing the issue for you. I am using FireFox right now and there is no issue with the smiles or the pop out window for the smiles.

~ DM, Community Support

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What browser are you having issues on? Do you have a pop up blocker or any plug in's running on it? This could be what is causing the issue for you. I am using FireFox right now and there is no issue with the smiles or the pop out window for the smiles.

~ DM, Community Support
Show us your shrug from the More tab . . . :shrug:

Running FireFox with no blockers or plug in's?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts